Dedicated server hosting is ideally suited for companies that need unlimited bandwidth to cope with the huge volumes of web traffic they get. In shared hosting plans, there are many users residing on the same server. As such, server resources like disk space, bandwidth and CPU have to be shared among multiple users. This hosting system works well for start-ups and businesses which are short of funds. But when the business grows, you will feel the need to get additional resources. In such a situation, one has to upgrade to either VPS solutions or dedicated server hosting solutions. You could buy either Linux or Windows dedicated server, depending on the nature of applications you run and your budget.
What benefits will dedicated server hosting plans offer you?
- As the name suggests, dedicated hosting allows you to enjoy dedicated resources. This means that businesses opting for this type of hosting do not have to share server resources with others. In short, they can allocate resources depending on the demands of traffic. So, dedicated hosting is highly reliable and stable.
- When you choose to buy dedicated server hosting, you will not have to worry about your bandwidth getting used up by the neighboring sites. This ensures that you have a high server uptime and no downtimes. The site stays up and running 24x7.
- When you buy dedicated hosting, you have the flexibility to set up custom applications and software of your choice. You enjoy root access to servers if you sign up for unmanaged hosting plans. You can also choose managed hosting solutions where the task of server management rests with your host. Such plans are therefore costlier compared to the unmanaged hosting plans.
- Dedicated server hosting will also offer a higher degree or security. Since no other user can access your server, you have the freedom to deploy security measures of your choice. This is very important because without SSL certificates, your website will not be ready to handle customer transactions online.
- Because of high reliability, dedicated server hosting also guarantees superior site performance. Even if you have a graphic intensive site, your site will not slow down for lack of bandwidth. This is important because such sites tend to get an overwhelmingly large number of visitors.
- Besides, dedicated hosting also offers round-the-clock support through chats, phones and emails. You should ideally sign up for free trial versions to get an idea of the web hosting services. When you are not happy with their services, you can always discontinue the plans.
These are a few of the benefits which dedicated hosting offers its clients. This makes this type of hosting very useful for businesses handling a lot of traffic. To get managed solutions, you will need to pay extra. Dedicated hosting is likely to be far more expensive compared to VPS or shared hosting plans. But the kind of advantages it offers outweighs the high costs. So, when you can manage fine with shared hosting plans, there is really no reason to spend a lot of money on buying dedicated server hosting.