There are a variety of mail problems that a user might face after upgrading the Mac OS machine to latest Mac OS Sierra. Among all such major issues, Apple Mail moving message stuck is the most common issue faced by Mac OS Apple Mail users. Everybody knows Apple Mail is the most widely used and popular email client among both business and individual users. It offers all basic services like email, contacts, etc., like any other email client. As it is mainly used for the exchange of information via emails, so it must contain lots of important data in it. Thus, any small issue in Apple Mail can affect the lots of data stored in it also. Hence, it becomes really important for the users to fix Apple Mail moving messages stuck.
I recently upgraded my Mac OS machine to the latest Mac OS Sierra version. After that when I was doing some work in Apple Mail, the indicator at the bottom says moving messages. It is always there and it looks like Apple Mail stuck on moving mail messages. I tried to start Apple Mail in safe mode, but it does not make any difference. Now, my mail accounts contain past 3 years data in it, which is really important for me to fix Apple Mail moving messages stuck issue. I cannot afford to lose a single bit of information from it. Therefore, I am looking for some reliable solution to fix this Apple Mail moving messages stuck
Troubleshooting Method When Apple Mail Moving Messages Stuck
If a user encounter this messages stuck issue in Apple Mail, then he or she can try the method discussed below to troubleshoot it:
- First of all, exit the applications
- After that, open the Mail app
- Then, go to the Menu bar
- Now, click on the Mail option
- Quit the Mail
- Then, you need to hold the Shift key and after that open it once again
- Try to open it in safe mode
- Make sure that safe mode assures that Mac starts up properly
- After that, just check how it is responding in the Safe Mode
- After doing all this, if there are no more issues, just reboot it normally
- At last, try to test it with your own account
Reasons Behind The Error
If there is an error or fault, then there must be some reason behind it. Thus, in this section, we have focused on the same.
- A user has deleted some email messages when Trash folder is not assigned to Apple Mail email client.
- Another possible reason behind this error is that a user has moved emails between the folders that are unassigned.
Resolve Apple Mail Moving Messages Stuck Error
Now, to fix this freeze issue in Apple Mail, a user can follow the steps mentioned below:
- To start the process, you need to open Apple Mail email clien
- After that, choose the folder for assigning
- Then, you need to scroll-down to the currently added email account
- Click on the drop-arrow in order to look Drafts, Sent, Junk, and Trash folder
- Then, simply click on the Drafts folder in order to highlight it
- Next, you need to click on the Use-Mailbox
- After that, from the top of the screen Menu, click on the Mailbox
- Now, scroll-down to Use-This-Mailbox-As option and click on it
- Then, click on the Drafts Mailbox from the menu in the right-side
- This will assign that specific Drafts-folder in Apple Mail to the matching server-folder
- Next, you simply need to repeat this particular action for other folders like Sent, Junk, & Trash folder
- After that, click on the respective folder-assignment to verify that all files have been moved to the correct place.
Any issue in email client can badly affect the normal functioning of the user account. Same is the case with the Apple Mail moving message stuck issue. If this is not resolved properly, then it results in permanent data loss also. Thus a user is advised to use a third-party reliable tool compared to the manual solution to fix issue of Apple Mail moving messages stuck. This way a user will definitely get rid of this error without any loss of data.