on 12 October 18
Cloud storage services are definitely one of the most valuable investments for businesses. This is because when any disaster strikes, or if there is an unprecedented calamity, devices end up getting misplaced and files may be damaged. You may need to access important data on the go. These are times when business cloud storage solutions will never let you down. These solutions will ensure that you can retrieve important data and files even if there is an emergency.
Why is business cloud storage important?
Cloud storage solutions are popular because these are undoubtedly the easiest ways to share files. This is particularly true of multimedia files which may be so large that sending these by emails is not feasible. So, when you need reliable data backup provisions or accessibility to data at any given time or a convenient way to share files with co-workers, you can count on business cloud storage.
What benefits can you enjoy with business cloud storage?
- When you sign up for corporate cloud storage plans, you can enjoy robust protection from hackers and other cyber threats. However, all providers will not offer you the same plans having identical features or prices. You need to check for the plans and make a decision depending on your security and storage needs and your budget.
- The main idea behind choosing business cloud storage services is to ensure that your business can run better. The primary distinctions between personal and business cloud storage lie in the number of users accessing the account as a whole and the features of the plans. In a personal plan, only the account owner will have access to this storage; he can share files with others but no one can store files in that account. But in a corporate storage package, there will be many users who can access the account. Since there are multiple log-in details, the administrator has the job of setting limitations for different categories of employees. He decides who can access what in that account.
- The most obvious benefit of choosing business cloud storage is that companies get a secure place to store data and keep it safe from hackers. However, another big advantage is that this secure data can now be accessed by workers from various locations. You no longer have to be chained to your office desks to access files. You can be anywhere on the globe and yet you will be able to access, share and edit files seamlessly. Employees in an office can handle their projects better because they no longer have to keep transferring emails among themselves to make changes to data. All changes and updates happen in real time and everyone is informed about them.
- Business cloud storage is highly useful for remote employees also because they can access the data via different devices. So, even if they may not be working at the office, they can always access the data as this data is synchronized across all their work-related devices.
- Finally, for businesses, online storage solutions are highly cost-effective. Businesses are expected to pay a nominal fee every year or every month to enjoy these services. This is not at all much compared to the amount they would have to spend to buy and maintain storage hardware on their own. Moreover, your in-house IT teams will not have to bother about maintaining the storage facilities; they can concentrate on other important work to develop the business further.
Cloud storage services have undergone a landmark change in recent times with employees being allowed to get their own devices to the workplace. This BYOD or Bring Your Own Device strategy turns out to be more cost-effective than ever as employees get to know which solutions works most to their advantage. The company, on its part, also gets to save money on technology updates. Employees save time as they are spared of the hassle of learning how to handle new devices from time to time.
This blog is listed under Cloud Computing Community