"From past few years I am using Zoho Mail and still I am a subscriber to this service. However, I am not satisfied with its functionalities. I would like to replace my business email client from Zoho to Gmail. My account comprise a lot of crucial information and I want to move everything over to Gmail. Is it possible to migrate email from Zoho mail to Google apps account and if so, then how? "
Today all firms require the best and effective communications software to remain competitive. But, if any email client becomes failed to fulfill all the requirements of users, they begin the search for another cloud-based email application. Just like this, there are many Zoho Mail users who are not satisfied with the services provided by this email client. Hence, users choose Gmail as their email client. It is so because Gmail a free email service with many eminent features that help users extremely to establish a smooth communication. Also, Gmail allows to access data from various devices where Zoho Mail does not provide this functionality to Android and Windows phone users. Due to all these reasons, users are choosing Gmail over the Zoho Mail. However, to import Zoho mail to Gmail is a complicated task. Thus, in this editorial, we will introduce users to some effortless and efficient techniques download Zoho mail and then to convert it to Gmail account.
Forward Emails from Zoho to Gmail Manually
If you want to export email from Zoho Mail account to Gmail manually, then you have to go through 3 major steps:
1. Enable IMAP Settings for Zoho Account
2. Configure Zoho Account in Gmail
3. Allow Zoho Mail to Forward Emails in Gmail Account
Step 1: Enable IMAP Settings for Zoho Account
- Sign into your Zoho Mail account to begin the procedure. Then, hit the Gear icon to open Settings
- Here, click on Email Forwarding and POP/IMAP menu
- From the IMAP Access section, check the radio button corresponding to Enable option
Note: Save the IMAP Configuration details for future reference
Step 2: Configure Zoho Account in Gmail
- Now, open Gmail application and enter the credentials of your Gmail account for Login
- Click on the Settings icon that is situated in the top-right corner of the display to continue move email from Zoho mail to Gmail process
- Select Accounts and Import tab and click on Add Another Email Address link
- Here, enter the name and email address of your Zoho account. Uncheck Treat as alias option and hit the Next Step button to proceed further
- In Send email through SMTP server window, type smtp.zoho.com at SMTP Server box and change the Port value to 465.
- Enter Zoho Mail id and password and hit the Add Account button
Step 3: Allow Zoho Mail to Forward Emails in Gmail Account
- To switch from Zoho to Gmail, open Zoho email account once again and you will get a confirmation link email, verify this email
- After all this, click on the Settings icon of Zoho Mail and select Email Forwarding and POP/IMAP menu
- Hit the Add email address link and enter your Gmail email address. After that, click on Add button
- A new confirmation email will be sent now to your Gmail account. Open this mail and allow Zoho Mail to forward your all emails to the specified address. Click on confirm the email id
- Then, enter this confirmation code in your Zoho mail account as it is asked in the email to allow the forwarding
- After executing all above steps, your all Zoho emails will come now to your Gmail id
Limitations of Manual Method
- High-probability of permanent data loss
- Lengthy and time-consuming procedure
- Requires technical knowledge to execute
Professional Way to Connect Zoho to Gmail
Manual method to add Zoho mail to Gmail is a complicated technique. It is also possible that users will get some error prompts while executing the procedure. In order, to avoid all such things, users can take help from a trusted-third-party tool. One can use Zoho Mail Backup tool to export email from Zoho Mail account in PST file format. After that, users can easily upload PST file into Gmail account, via Outlook to G Suite Migrator software. This method is completely safe and secure to link Zoho to Gmail. Also, both software includes a user-friendly GUI thus, users will face no difficulty while operating them.
There are several computer users who get annoyed via the functionalities and services of Zoho Mail. Thus, they are starting to migrate from Zoho email to Gmail. To perform Zoho to Gmail migration, we have compiled a manual method in this article. However, the manual method includes some serious risks that will make users think twice before implementing. Thus, users can go for the automatic solution mentioned in the write up.