Whatever you say about Blockchain, you can’t deny that the technology has taken over the world. It has revamped almost all the business verticals, including but not restricted to retail, healthcare, education, travel, and mobile economy. On the top of it, Blockchain has earned the top spot among the 20 fastest-growing skills in Q1 2018 at Upwork.
By offering enormous advantages, the blockchain technology has succeeded in gaining the attention of businessmen and developers. The outcome of which is that its demand has increased from 2,000% to 6,000% in just a year, indirectly signifying that being a blockchain app developer is the best job for a brighter future.
But, where and how to begin? Most of the people are mesmerized by the charisma of the Blockchain world but don’t know how to step into the world of the blockchain. So, we will discuss the two major questions in this article, namely:
- What are the career options possible in the Blockchain market?
- What skills are required to land a job as a Blockchain expert?
So, let’s begin with the first question.
Possible Career Options in Blockchain World
There are basically two ways to earn fame in the world of Blockchain - as a Blockchain app developer and as a Consultant. The Blockchain developer has to interact with the technical aspect of the technology, while the consultant has to interact with the logical part. So, if you have a technical background or wish to code, opt for the first option. Otherwise, become a Blockchain consultant and work upon the strategies to utilize the potential of Blockchain in your current processes and systems for higher profits.
Took the decision, now?
If you decided to become a Blockchain consultant, get a comprehensive knowledge of uses of Blockchain in Enterprises and jot down questions you should ask before its implementation.
But, in case you have an enthusiasm to become a Blockchain app developer, keep scrolling.
Skills to Become a Blockchain App Developer
To become a successful Blockchain expert, you need to imbibe the following skills in your daily life:
- Programming Language: Blockchain is a pure programming language with multiple technologies and coins wrapped under the blanket term. So, apart from having a technical background, you need to have an extensive knowledge of Blockchain technology and its types. Based on it, choose the language to learn. For instance, You need to learn C++ to work with Bitcoins, C++ and Python for Ethereum, Solidity for developing Smart Contracts, and Java, NodeJS, Python & C# for programming in Dragonchain.
You also need to acquire web development skills including HTML, CSS, MongoDB, and NodeJS. Besides, expertise in networking and security is an added bonus.
If you wish to become popular as a blockchain expert, you need to become a perfect combination of an economist, software developer, data geek, and auditor.
- Adaptability and Dedication: Blockchain technology is rapidly evolving, making it necessary for the developers to learn and adapt the changes at the same speed. You have to put all of your time in learning the concepts and sharpen your skills. In other words, the more agile, dedicated and adaptable you are, the brighter future you will have in the blockchain app development world.
- Problem-Solving: Secondly and most importantly, you just don’t have to just learn the technical aspects, but also have to understand the economical implementation of them. For example, if you are building a blockchain platform for the manufacturing industry, you need to have adequate knowledge of supply chain, opportunity cost, and incentivisation and should employ the insights gained in making your blockchain app/platform more effective. In other words, you should have a mindset that focuses completely on how to utilize the potential of Blockchain technology for improving the existing processes and business strategies.
- Identify Opportunities: The Blockchain technology is still in its nascent stage. People are not well-versed with ways it can be used. So, having the ability to identify and process information for mitigating existing challenges is again a must-have skill for blockchain engineers.
- Reading: To understand the concepts of Blockchain technology, you need to have the urge to read more and more. According to the experts, the best three books related to Blockchain are Blockchain Revolution by Don and Alex Tapscott, Mastering Bitcoin by Andreas M. Antonopoulos, and the Book of Satoshi by Phil Champagne. Apart from these, going through the popular blogs is also a good practice to adopt.
- Network: Having a strong network is also crucial for preparing yourself for blockchain app development market. If you have a widespread connection with the top developers and business leaders, you will be more likely to see more possibilities, get solutions to your problems, and vice versa. You will be able to grow your knowledge beyond what you learnt in books.
When talking about connections, having an account on LinkedIn and platforms like Stack Overflow and GitHub is a profitable decision. Apart from this, you can also attend meetups and developer events to understand the level you have to prepare for.
On the top of all, stay patient and practice as much as you can. The Blockchain technology has an endless potential. If you get the above skill set, you will surely be able to make a brighter future in the blockchain app development world. You will either be able to get a job in reputed firms or make profit by working as Freelance Blockchain app developer at Upwork and other such sites.