on 19 June 18
Over time the technology has redefined the way we communicate. Earlier, even if we wanted to wish someone a good day, night or morning, there was no other way to do so other than to call. But now with the advancement in technology, we have the option to drop a text for the same through instant messaging apps we use.
In fact, messaging is less of an option and more of a first choice now. The reasons for this choice are multifarious. The busy work schedule, urban, sedentary lifestyle and many other reasons have contributed to this practice significantly.
Nevertheless, this has also awakened the businesses. They now know that in order to deliver a great customer experience they need to go an extra mile. Gone are the days when traditional way of calling the customer was appreciated by the customers. Now they expect assistance through chat support services on your website.
However, even after being aware of this fact, many companies don’t integrate live chat box to their website. That is why in this blog, we have made few of the points to elucidate the importance of functional chat support services for every business. Take a look.
• Saves customer time- Chat support on websites help the customers in saving their time by getting answers in real-time. They are not required to search for a toll free number, switch tabs on their browser just to call the customer care for an answer. With the availability of chat box on your website, the visitors can easily get answers to their questions. Also, not only does it makes the customer experience better but also saves the time of agents as well along with the customers.
• Allows you to give better answers- The chat support services also allow you to frame your replies to the customer’s question in a better way. While during an ongoing call the agents have to respond immediately, at the time of chatting the agents still get some time for coming up with a professional answer. The option also makes it possible for the agents to share the link to FAQs or a blog related to their question with them. This will raise the level of your services even more making the customers appreciate your effort.
• All customer interactions at a click- Many times a customer has to leave the conversation in between. In such a situation, you can turn the chat into email tickets and continue the conversation there. Not just this, chat support services gives customers the liberty to send audio messages, if they don’t want to type. It also has the call option. The customers can use any of the option while they are on your website without making any effort more than a click.
• Saves money- Live chat is very cost effective. It allows your chat agents to handle multiple chats at a time, this increases the efficiency of the agents. Less agents can do more work which cuts down your hiring cost. Moreover, the average order value increases and the feature also makes customer return to your website. The need of the customer support number also reduces as the live chat is preferred by most of the customers. The callers don’t need to stay on hold waiting in queues or for the call back. All these points lead to great customer experience thereby helping you save more money on hiring personnel and buying more hardware.
• Makes customers loyal- The more the customer is satisfied, the lesser are his chances to switch to some other brand. Chat support services make the customers loyal. Moreover, because this feature adds to the comfort of customers, they don’t mind paying a bit more. Also, it is known to all that maintaining repeat customers doesn’t demands a huge investment but acquiring new customers does.
In brief, live chat integration on your website can prove to be wondrous for your business just like it has been to many. Aforementioned points have told you very clearly how necessary the chat services are. So, don’t think much, sync the software with your website today and reap various benefits from it for years to come.
To accelerate the conversion rates and increase the customer satisfaction, even more, keep a check on the performance of the agents, make sure they are able to frame error-free sentences and type speedily. Invite the shyest and the laziest of the customers by initiating the conversation. Also, avoid using automated responses, live agents are always better than them. Lastly, take tips for improvisation from the customer-agent interactions.
This blog is listed under Development & Implementations Community
Share your perspective
Share your achievement or new finding or bring a new tech idea to life. Your IT community is waiting!