on 11 October 18
Perhaps the most serious challenge which businesses today are faced with is online security for their data. So, when you have decided to sign up for a VPS hosting server in India, you must make sure your provider can tackle such threats deftly. Security of data is directly related to your company’s brand image and data belonging to users is your responsibility.
Besides other factors, one of the surest ways of protecting such data is to choose a capable VPS hosting server in India provider. Such a service provider will play a crucial role in keeping your site safe from hackers through deployment of stringent security measures. Since VPS hosting turns out to be the perfect middle ground between dedicated and shared plans, most small and medium sized businesses sign up for it. But, how to secure the VPS server is the task at hand for such businesses.
The following are some measures which the VPS hosting server in India provider can use for enhancing data security:
- Internal Encryption
- Full-disk encryption in a virtual environment
- Updated technology to fight latest threats
- Securing the management interface
It has been seen earlier that Linux VPS plans are perhaps less prone to security threats and malware compared to Windows VPS servers. However, today the providers offering Linux VPS plans can even install programs which are designed to counter malware affecting Windows servers. This has made Linux VPS far more versatile and popular amongst businesses because of security reasons. A reason behind this may be that Linux being an open-source platform can get support from a huge user community. This community with its knowhow can resolve all kinds of glitches any time.
VPS hosting server in India providers can hope to handle security threats which are evolving day after day by some methods like:
- The best way is to run internal and external audits for the server. During such inspections and audits, all possible deficiencies and loopholes get uncovered. It is not always that the threat comes from malicious elements outside; at time, the threats are triggered because of internal breaches. So, it is best to perform an internal audit at first to get an idea of how the system works and where the loose ends are.
- Another effective method is server hardening whereby the server is made more secure through identifying and removing all loopholes in its network, SSH access, firewalls and data centers. For instance, you may deploy SSH protocol which uses highly advanced encryption technologies for communications.
- You can also make use of an intrusion detection mechanism which detects unauthorized use. It will catalogue the configuration and details of files when these are running optimally. It then runs comparisons against such records to see if there are any changes in the files.
- Data Backup is another important method for securing data because ecommerce websites deal with huge volumes of data and databases. So, these websites automatically require different security levels. Such sites have user financial and personal details that must be kept well protected from hackers. This explains why your VPS hosting server in India provider must conduct routine backups to maintain data security.
- Finally, the best way to keep data secure is to educate and guide your customers on ways to follow security protocols. You can give them tools to check their site codes to detect loopholes. You can also make agreements with clients to guard against misuse of client hosting accounts and inform them about your security standards. Besides setting your own standards for security, you must examine these on a continuous basis to identify vulnerabilities.
It is not possible to achieve security when parts of your system remain transparent. On the other hand, a VPS hosting server in India cannot do much when clients leave many security loopholes on their sites, thereby attracting hackers. The surest way to avoid this is to create a robust knowledge base for clients.
This blog is listed under Server & Storage Management Community