1. Edmodo: Enables teachers and students to create a Facebook like environment where online collaboration is possible. It syncs social media and education and takes the teaching process to an advanced level.
2. Skype: It is a great tool for keeping in touch and attending seminars and meetings online. One of the reasons why thereâre so many tutoring jobs available in Singapore today is the easy availability of free tools like Skype. Skype enables teachers top create virtual classrooms with great ease. It is a very cost effective tool.
3. Khan Academy: Itâs a learning tool used extensively by teachers for maths, science and finance lectures. The quizzes and lectures are helpful in supplementing the study material used by tutors in Singapore or elsewhere.
4. Writinghouse: Itâs a generator of citation that simplifies the creation of bibliographies in desired formats. It makes the job of an educator much easier, as it makes creation of textbooks very easy. The correct referencing style is made available to the user instantaneously.
5. Apple Ipad: Itâs one of the most widely used tech tools today. With hundreds of educational apps being developed every month, itâs become a favorite amongst the teachers and students. If those looking for tutoring jobs in Singapore are yet to get familiar with such apps, they need to get a bit tech-savvy right away!
6. HowStuffWorks: Itâs a very famous educational website having incredibly useful information on a wide range of subjects. It features innumerable videos, presentations, articles and illustrations that help students as well as adults learn the dynamics of hundreds and thousands of things around us. Students can easily understand the âworking of thingsâ with How Stuff Works.
7. My BackPack: It Enables teachers to communicate directly with students and their parents. It helps them stay updated about their attendance, schedules, assignments and grades.
8. Starfall: The easiest methods of teaching children how to read can be found on this site. Phonics used via interactive storybooks make the learning process very interesting.
9. Melody Street: Instruments come to life through online tutorials, files and games. The children learn practically everything about melody and music.
10. MangaHigh: It offers learning in mathematics; its resources are based on game based learning concepts. It makes learning mathematics a joyful learning process.Singapore is becoming a leading hub for education in the South East Asia and education technology is playing a very important role in the process.