on 01 October 18
In todayâs times, cell phones have become an integral part of our lives. We literally carry them everywhere we go. They have become our 24/7 partner. After all, staying connected to your work, friends, and family all round the clock was never so easy. While such a scenario has its own benefits, there is also a necessity to curb the use of cell phones at certain places where the question of security, confidentiality, and protection are involved. A cell phone detection device can be of great help in such cases.
A cell phone detection device is designed to continuously scan for cell phone or user selectable RF (radio frequency) transmissions within a set perimeter. Upon detection of any such transmission, the device triggers some alert or silently log all such detected activity for further action by concerned authorities.
How Effective is a Cell Phone Detector?
Today, the market is flooded with devices that promise to detect cell phones with 100% accuracy. However, not all products are effective in securing your environment, facility and assets, confidential business information, and people. Only few makers deliver what they promise. So, it is always advisable to do a thorough research on different available products and choose the one that exactly meets your security needs.
An effective cell phone detective device should ideally have following features:
- Option for deployment as a standalone device (portable) or network device (for centralized monitoring)
- Ability to detect all types of cell phones (any carrier and any protocol - 2G, 3G, 4G, GSM, CDMA, Wifi, Bluetooth, etc in any country)
- Effective detection whether phone is in standby mode or in action (texting/making call/transmitting data)
- Capability to scan user-definable frequency ranges
- Come with adjustable detection range to offer more flexibility in terms of usage and applicability - for instance the detection range can be a small room or adjusted to include an open and bigger space
- Ability to raise an alert, notify, control a third party device (such as cell phone jammers, beacons, alarms, etc) or simply log - in the event of detection of some transmission activity
- Capability to add channels or frequencies and update the firmware to keep up with the ever evolving cell phone technology
- Allow device administration and advanced set-up via intuitive web-interface for improved usability
- Must have an optional internal rechargeable battery to facilitate portable use or for power back-up
- A standard warranty of 12-month period as a must for every such device Accessibility to firmware downloads
- Also have an option of extended and advanced warranty
- Last but not the least - certified for industry standards such as CE and FCC
In order to get maximum results, it is always advisable to deploy a cell phone detection device in the premises you are trying to protect as against the entrance or doorway.
So, no more worries about hidden cell phones invading your privacy and posing a threat to your facility, assets, people and information. A simple cell phone detector can guarantee protection against all such danger.