Spectrum Networks is looking for passionate, talented and driven individuals with an eagerness to join the best and most dedicated in gathering, producing and delivering stories that make a difference within a 24-hour breaking news environment. Our commitment is to engage viewers with relevant and timely news that is important to the local communities we serve. What is Spectrum Networks:
Spectrum Networks is a growing organization, home of 27 Local News Channels nationwide and 9 Local/Regional Sports Channels, inclusive of 3 Los Angeles based Sports Networks . Spectrum Networks is the news and sports division of Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHTR), the leading broadband communications company and the second-largest cable operator in the United States. The Spectrum News Environment:
Spectrum News is a 24-hour news network that requires employees be flexible and available to work various shifts throughout the day, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays. The network is currently focused on the morning news, which means your day will start in the middle of the night, but it also means your workday will end around noon (most days). Spectrum Networks employees are
passionate and driven, and can thrive in a competitive, fast-paced and fiercely accurate 24-hour breaking news environment. They are creative and/or highly technical with a desire to leverage their knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories that enhance daily living within our local communities. They are nimble and learn quickly, enabling themselves to pivot when new information is acquired within an ever-changing newsroom. They are team players with positive attitudes and strong interpersonal skills. They have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure. What were looking for:
The Analyst III, Desktop Services role is to support and maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal Workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required. Duties may include but are not limited too:
- Receive, prioritize, respond to, document, and actively resolve end user PC and/or hardware requests.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Work with end users to identify and deliver required PC service levels.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on computer operation and other issues.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user Workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
- Monitor and test PC performance and provide PC performance statistics and reports.
- Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform PC, hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment contracts and supervise contract-based installations.
Education & Experience:
- Expert technical knowledge of network and PC hardware, including Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities, including WireShark, Registry, Virus, Spyware and Adware tools.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive equipment support experience with Dell and HP hardware.
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards, including AD, File Services, Print Services, IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, PC Image deployment, Cylance, KACE, VMware and Citrix clients.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation.
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
- Able to cover 3AM to Noon shift.
- Able to troubleshoot some printer problems as well as escalate issues to hardware vendor.
- Able to setup video conferencing calls either via Skype or in-house conference units.
- Intermediate knowledge of network infrastructure and network troubleshooting concepts.
- Two years of demonstrable project management experience.
- Hands-on experience administrating Cisco telephony, Adds/Moves/Changes
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- College diploma or university degree in the field of Information Technology and/or 7 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in MSDST, ITIL, A+, or equivalent.
believes every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication, openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn and grow, and an overall positive attitude. Roles may require the following:
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule as a result of changing production, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Dexterity of hands, fingers to operate computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other compute components
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and loss of staff members
- Participate in an established on-call rotation
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds at varying distances
- Local travel up to 15% in company car and may require additional trips