The Software Engineer, Applications Development is responsible for the design, development, and support of applications and utilities used in conjunction with the companys products.
This full-stack engineer will focus on class, service, domain, ORM, and database development. The candidate must be skilled in full software development life cycle with a concentration in the Microsoft C#/.NET stack and must work with architects, developers, quality assurance and product owners in the development of elections applications.
location: AUSTIN, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 125,000per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Design, document, and write software across the full application stack.
- Participate in the specification and design of software applications across the systems suite.
- Write and execute unit tests
- Follow software development processes and standards
- Utilize documented architectural patterns & software best practices.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
combination of technical education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years in software development, with at least 3 years with C#/.NET, with desktop
applications development experience
- NHibernate or other Object-relational mapping tools, with experience using LINQ
- Experience with Microsoft .NET user interface application stack, including WPF and XAML
- .NET multi-threading and inter-process communications, with WCF experience desired.
- Proven work history of completing projects on time and on budget, exceeding quality goals.
- Experience with version control systems and defect tracking systems, SVN preferred
- Experience working closely with Product Owners and SQA teams
- Experience with a variety of development processes, but Domain-Driven Design preferred
- Skilled in Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Design Patterns
- Excellent analytical and debugging skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- SQL Server 2017 (and later) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) with proficiency in T-SQL
- Security frameworks & Microsoft Cryptography Stack
- Understanding of SOLID Principles and dependency injection patterns.
Experience level: ExperiencedMinimum 5 years of experienceEducation: Bachelors (required)
skills: .NET (5 years of experience is preferred)C++ (5 years of experience is preferred)SQL Server developer (3 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstads client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information