Hi Friend! How are you doing??
Just for your Information:
I am getting very good feed back for my previous courses, and, I have got the students from all over the world from around 91 countries, WITHIN a very short span of time.
And coming to this tutorial.....
I have designed the Salesforce Data Loader Training into 2 courses with Basic Level and Advance Level. They are
- Project Based Salesforce Data Loader Training – Basic Level (Graphic User Interface --> point & click)
- Project Based Salesforce Data Loader Training – Advance Level (Command Line Interface - learn to configure an xml file for Scheduled operations)
This is Basic Level Course and suitable for you :
If you have a small amount of knowledge in salesforce data insert, update, delete AND move a step further by learning salesforce data loader for bulk records.
By the end of this Course:
- you will be able to start salesforce BULK data migration CONFIDENTLY without depending on anybody.
- What is Salesforce Data Loader ie Apex Data Loader.
- Why do we need need it, in spite, we have browser-based “import wizard”
- Downloading and installation, understand and configuring the settings
- Understanding the operations available in Data Loader like export, export all, insert, update, delete, delete all, UPSERT.
- Export vs Export All.
- Using Data Loader for relational data, that is, Parent and Child Records.
- Significance of UPSERT operation.
The Apex Data Loader tool I am using in the Course is compatible for Windows. If you are using Mac, you have to download "Data Loader for Mac" and the remaining process is same. Please note I am not demonstrating the operations on Mac.
This is not complete/formal salesforce course. Please treat this as add-on to your salesforce knowledge, with which, your job opportunities and confidence levels are high, as you may be asked in the interviews more about salesforce data loader.
Once you finish this Basic Level course successfully, you can enroll for the Advance Level course where you learn how to configure an xml file and run via command line, which is useful for scheduling asynchronous NIGHTLY data migrations. By the end of the Advance Level course, You will be the ONE of very FEW salesforce consultants who knows salesforce data loader command line interface (CLI) operations.
I wish you all the best in the journey of the SFDC.