This course is for people who want to learn Apache Subversion SVN and how to setup a complete development environment.
Learn Subversion 1.9x on a Windows, Mac, or Linux machine.
Covers the new features introduced in 1.8.x and 1.9.x versions.
- Download, Install, and Configure Subversion with Apache 2.2.x Web Server.
- Create a Tutorial Repository for practice and YOUR repository using best practices.
- Practice with sample files how to import, create, modify, delete, and view files.
- Learn how to probe the repository and identify when changes were made.
- Build and configure your Subversion development environment using Perl and Python.
- Learn all about Hooks. Program scripts that execute when a user runs a specific command.
- Learn how to attach properties to files (both Revision and Non-Revision).
- Learn how parallel development is done through branching and merging.
One course that covers Windows, Mac, and Linux.
I provide quality SVN training on how to use the tool by:
- Showing you what commands to use as you add content into the repository.
- I provide you with Perl/Python scripts that you can use that will help you develop a workflow to store and identify content.
- I provide you with the knowledge you need to understand the concepts of parallel development through branching and merging.
- I show the quintessential branching and merging patterns you need in order to use it for your development.
- I provide a real working coding example of how to take code and add a new feature to the code using the branching and merging techniques.
Here's what you learn about the tools:
- How to setup the Subversion source code repository system using Apache 2.X server as the backbone to access the repository.
- You learn the basic and advanced commands, including how to use the import command to populate files in the Repository.
- You learn the best-practices on how to setup a repository of your own separate from the one we use to learn with.
- You learn how to build Perl and Python from source code we download for Linux/Mac.
- You learn how to integrate a graphical Diff/Merge tool that is free on the internet to enhance the usability of Subversion.
Join me in the next lecture in this quality SVN Course!