WordPress Developers: Create a Plugin #2 - Member Directory
Create a Member Directory Listing Plugin with Custom Post Types and Custom Taxonomies
This course will show how to create a member listing plugin.
The plugin was originally a request from a client of mine, so this is a real-world example that I have developed in a similar manner for a real customer.
It is using the plugin template from Hugh Lashbrooke.
It's also using a plugin for custom fields (CMB2).
The finished plugin will have these features:
1) It defines a custom post type "directory."
2) It defines a custom taxonomy "cities" for the directory entries.
3) It adds the custom fields "Company Name" and "Address."
4) It creates a shortcode to display a search form on a page.
5) It implements a custom WordPress query to search by name and taxonomy.
6) It can import CSV files, so that you can batch-insert new data from an Excel table.
The class contains step-by-step instructions to make it easy to follow the instructions. You can also download the final plugin and just use it and make your own modifications to it.