Sensu is a powerful Next-Generation monitoring framework that is quickly
replacing traditional monitoring systems like Zabbix, Icinga, and Nagios.
More than just a beginner Sensu user? Ready to learn more?
This intermediate course will teach you the things you
need to setup Sensu in Production.
- Realtime whiteboard interaction - learn like you would if I was right in front of you
- In-depth architecture overview and recap
- Deploy and configure Sensu with Configuration Management - I fully cover Chef / Puppet / Ansible / Salt
- Tune and Filter noisy alerts, keep your pager under control
- Write your own Sensu Check and Handlers - Live code demonstration
- Security walkthrough - deploying SSL, hardening API endpoints
- Advanced Sensu-cli usage and examples
- Bonus: Dynamically monitoring infrastructure by pushing your own custom events
- Extensive show-notes, vagrant images, and source code is open-source and on Github
When you are finished with the course, you will be ready to deploy a
performant, secure, and tuned Sensu installation for your organization.
Let Me Make The Mistakes For You
It's one thing to read docs and get perfect copy-paste command line examples
that work. It is another thing to be in real life watching a real engineer
fight a live system and try to get it working! I purposely make mistakes
just to demonstrate what happens when things go wrong. That gives me an
excuse to troubleshoot the problem and then solve it. Then, when you encounter
that same mistake in your infrastructure, you will know exactly what to do!
For Dev and Ops Alike
Sysadmins, Devops Practitioners, Infrastructure engineers, SREs, and simply
curious software engineers should take this course to better their craft and
learn more about what makes Sensu special. It is not your
grandfather's monitoring system. It is a modern, scalable, flexible
monitoring system with a great API to integrate with your infrastructure.
This course is a must for engineers who are currently, or considering
deploying Sensu intro production. Increasing the scope of your DevOps
toolbox, enroll today and check it out!