If you are prepared to spend about 3 1/2 hours of your time, this course can prepare you for today's job market by teaching the most important skill that developers ought to know - Serverless Computing in AWS. This course gives you a well-rounded knowledge on AWS without simply jumping to AWS Lambda. It teaches you all the basics you need like IAM and CLI before getting your hands on Lambda and API Gateway.
No prior experience on AWS is needed !! This course teaches everything you need so you can deploy REST APIs in AWS and show off to your colleagues tomorrow.
Builds a Strong foundation in the basics of AWS so you know exactly what you are doing.
- Starts with an introduction and overview of AWS in simple layman's terms
- Walks through setting up your own free-tier AWS Account (valid for 1 year)
- A thorough coverage of IAM (Identity Access Management) so you clearly understand what are Users, Roles, Groups and Policies
- Walks through AWS CLI (Command Line Interface) installation
- An in-depth practical session on AWS CLI so you can query AWS resources from your console using different CLI commands and filter the results using JMESPath
- Overview of Serverless Architecture
- Create and Deploy Lambda Functions in Java, Python and Node JS
- Patterns used in creating Lambda Functions in Java
- Manage AWS Lambda using Lambda
- Understand Cloudwatch and be able to schedule events
- Define REST API at API Gateway and integrate with Lambda back-end
- Test REST APIs from PostMan
- Walkthrough of Swagger Spec, which is a well-known standard for publishing REST APIs
- Create Swagger Spec for your REST APIs
- Create REST API in API Gateway by importing Swagger Spec
- Alternative integration techniques for API Gateway-Lambda
- Manage API Gateway using AWS CLI
By the end of this course, you can:
- Create AWS Users, Roles and Policies
- Implement business logic in Java and expose it as a REST API in AWS
- Invoke the business logic using different techniques
- Manage AWS Resources using CLI
The course uses real-time examples and source code is provided with the course. You can work along with the instructor for each concept and will receive a verifiable completion of certificate at the end of the course.