You have a basic understanding about Mainframe systems but not sure how to start coding? This course will teach you what you need to know. This is the first step for anyone who wants to start coding Programs on Mainframe sytems so you can start a new career as a Mainframe Professional.
- This Course is DIRECT and TO THE POINT.
- I also UPDATE this course periodically to include even more Videos and Projects. New Resources and Articles are also added.
- If you ever have any questions please feel free to message me directly and i will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible!
Build a foundation in Mainframe with this tutorial for beginners.
You will Learn:
- What a JCL is.
- The various Statements and how to code them in a JCL Program.
- Running and diagnosing JCL programs on a Mainframe
- Procedures used in JCL
- Different utilities of JCL
A Powerful Skill at Your Fingertips Mainframe is extensively used in large corporations which deal with huge amount of data every day. Over 70% of the global Fortune 500 companies use Mainframe to run their business for everything from cloud to mobile to big data and analytics. Now, there are 1.1 million customer transactions per second on Mainframes compared with just 40,000 searches on Google per second. IBM is the leading manufacturer of the Mainframe Systems.
Content and Overview Through this course, you’ll learn about the JOB Control Language on the Mainframe system.
Starting with an overview of the JCL, this course will take you through the types of statements, Procedures and Utilities used in JCL.
With these basics mastered, the course will take you through the different operation that you can do on a dataset, will introduce the GDG and its use in the Mainframe systems.
Upon completion you will be literate in JOB Control Language, understand how a JCL program is coded and executed on a Mainframe.
NOTE: This is a JCL Programming course. It does not cover Programming in COBOL. However, execution of Cobol programs using JCL is covered in this course.