In the 21st century, almost all web applications use web services to communicate or interact with each other. Most modern day web services are built on Representational state transfer (REST) architecture; REST has gained a lot of popularity and it will continue to do the same due to its simplicity in comparison with other technologies.
It is very important for software QA engineers, automation engineers and software developers to understand the importance of REST testing and more importantly how to automate these tests. Automating Application Program Interface (API) tests is critical and crucial for most projects due to the fact that API tests are far more stable, reliable and fast.
In this course, you will be provided with the tools and techniques needed to be successful with REST API Automation using Rest Assured Library in Java & JUnit. We will be focusing on the important topics listed below:
- Learn how to create collections & environment variables in POSTMAN
- Understand and use POSTMAN to send requests (using GET, POST, PUT, PATCH, DELETE, OPTIONS and HEAD operations)
- Learn how to setup Java, Maven, Eclipse on Windows and Mac OS
- Introduction to REST Assured, which is a popular open source library used for API test automation
- Learn how to setup a REST Assured Maven project
- Learn to write tests for GET, POST, PUT, PATCH and DELETE requests using REST Assured
****You will be provided with a Students Application, that you can run locally on your machine****