Heard about Mainframe but not sure how to get started? This course will teach you what you want to know. This is the first step for anyone who wants to learn about Mainframes so you can start a new career as a Mainframe Professional.
- This Course is DIRECT and TO THE POINT.
- 2+ hours of video content and 25+ lectures.
- I also UPDATE this course periodically to include even more Videos and Projects. New Resources and Articles are also added.
- Join Over 1,000+ Students Who Have Enrolled In this Udemy Course.
- If you ever have any questions please feel free to message me directly and i will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible!
Build a foundation in Mainframe with this tutorial for beginners.
You will Learn:
- What a Mainframe Computer is.
- The various Technologies and Terminologies associated with Mainframes.
- Running TSO/ISPF Commands on a Mainframe
- Creating datasets and performing operations on them
- Identify the different programming languages and Operating systems used on mainframe
A Powerful Skill at Your Fingertips Mainframe is extensively used in large corporations which deal with huge amount of data every day. Over 70% of the global Fortune 500 companies use Mainframe to run their business for everything from cloud to mobile to big data and analytics. Now, there are 1.1 million customer transactions per second on Mainframes compared with just 40,000 searches on Google per second. IBM is the leading manufacturer of the Mainframe Systems.
Content and Overview Through this course of 2 hours of content, you’ll learn about the Mainframes and establish an understanding of the mainframe system.
Starting with an overview of the Mainframes, this course will take you through the types of datasets, Operating systems and data processing used on mainframes.
With these basics mastered, the course will take you through TSO commands, will introduce you to ISPF commands, allocation of datasets and then the different operations you can perform on the datasets.
Upon completion you will be literate in Mainframe terminology, understand how datasets are created, and how you can use commands to operate on the data in these datasets. You will gain enough knowledge to self learn further Mainframe topics such as JCL.
NOTE: This is a Command/Operation based course. It does not cover Programming in COBOL. It covers the Commands and Operations in TSO/ISPF Panel only.