Welcome to Dr. Surly's School for Mad Scientists!
Unit Testing and Test Driven Development help smart, capable developers like you create robust, reliable, and maintainable software. Apply these skills to embedded and system software, even in C, to improve your architecture and quality. Sleep soundly at night.
Can't decide? Need something more? firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-334-0169
Learn how to apply Unit Testing to your Embedded and System C Software
- Develop in C using Test Driven Development. Write real tests on your first day.
- Learn concepts from Agile, XP, Scrum, and Lean practices for producing well designed, high quality, scope-managed, and self-documented code.
- Utilize free open source tools like Unity and CMock in real-world scenarios. No toy examples.
Powerful Tools for your Development Toolbox
You will learn skills that have become staples in higher level languages but are sadly underutilized in the C space. In particular, you will learn to write unit tests in the uniquely challenging world of embedded and system software.
In this project-driven course you will:
- Follow us through real-world code examples
- Learn the big idea philosophies for process and design
- Apply your new skills to working code
- Connect with our supportive community
This course includes:
- 0x1D (29) Code-centered lectures
- 0x05 (5) Development projects
- 0x12 (18) Helpful resource-packed supplemental primers, guides, and how-to's
- Links, quizzes, helpful hints, and more
We Are Adding More Material Soon
- Next up, a full end-to-end project using interaction-based testing with mocks
- Then, a guide to assembling test builds for just about any environment
Join us on our mission to improve the quality of embedded software while taking over the world!