Complete Ethical Hacking Series: Cyber Anonymity
This course is for beginners and IT pros looking to get certified and land an entry level Cyber Security position paying upwards of six figures! There are currently over a million Cyber Security job openings global and demand is greatly outpacing supply which means more opportunity, job security and higher pay for you! Each chapter closes with exercises putting your new learned skills into practical use immediately. You will start by understand network anonymity by using tools such as Tor, Tortilla and Proxy Chains.
What are the pre-requisites for this course?
- Students should have a working understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts.
What will you be able to do after taking this course?
- Anonymizers such as TOR (The Onion Router) enable users to search the web anonymously and protect browser traffic from global mass surveillance. In this section I'll show you how to install and utilize the TOR browser so you can browse the web with enhanced privacy.
- While TOR is a great tool for anonymizing browser traffic it doesn't necessarily anonymize other traffic streams that are not HTTP based such as e-mail or other network protocols such as DNS. Tortilla is a platform that wraps all traffic coming from your system and tunnels it through the TOR network. In this section I'll show you how to install Tortilla and set it up to anonymize all of your traffic through the TOR network.
- Private VPNs are one of the better anonymity options available. They encrypt and anonymize traffic but they are often provided as paid services. In this lesson I'll show you how to setup VPN connections on Windows Operating Systems.
- Proxy chains is a lighter weight solution that many times is used to anonymize penetration testing activities. In this section I'll show you how to utilize proxy chains as part of the Kali Linux distribution to scan target networks anonymously.