has quickly become one of the more popular tools for DevOps teams these days
for streamlining and simplifying the deployment of applications across a
variety of environments, platforms, and services. Docker in essence
encapsulates an application and its environment into a Docker image that can
then be deployed just about anywhere that supports Docker containers. Build once deploy anywhere is the mantra.
Docker reduces or even eliminates the need for development and operation teams
from managing dependencies and environment settings across heterogeneous
In this course you will learn how Docker can be used to deploy WebLogic for both development and production environments. This course will cover the following topics:
- A basic understanding of Docker and its advantages when it comes to WebLogic.
- Creating Docker images for each component of the WebLogic runtime stack, including the OS, Oracle JRE 8, Oracle WebLogic 12c.
- Creating a Docker image for a WebLogic domain
- Deploying WebLogic, including the tech stack and a domain, by launching containers
- Creating and starting clustered managed servers using Docker
- Deploying web applications to a WebLogic domain
- Patterns for externalizing domain configuration
- Patterns for passing secrets to a WebLogic docker image
- Patterns for managing logs and troubleshooting
- Building a CI pipeline for WebLogic using Docker, Jenkins, and Artifactory
Course Structure and Content
This course includes numerous video lectures and hands-on lab exercises. A downloadable lab guide accompanies this course and will get you up and running with Docker and WebLogic.