Attention Researchers, College Students And Professionals: Do You Want To Add GIS To Your Toolkit Without Having The Hassle Of Enrolling In A College GIS Course?
ANALYSE MAPS LIKE A SEASONED GIS PROFESSIONAL
ANALYSE GIS MAPS Even If You Haven’t Studied GIS Before.
Have you been trying to learn the basics of how to do Spatial Analysis of GIS maps without any luck?
You have looked around the web but the information you find is incomplete, out-of-date and hard to follow
That’s understandable because the best tutorials are usually for expensive commercial GIS’s and the lessons for the FREE, equally functional, Quantum GIS are mostly written by volunteers.
Fortunately, my GIS for Beginners #3: Spatial Analysis using QGIS course offers a solution. I teach you the Beginner’s Basics of Spatial Analysis in QGIS using videos and downloadable workbooks and datasets, Step-by-Step Follow-Along style.
It is as simple as watching the videos on your computer and following along with the exercises using the FREE Quantum GIS Software
Start now and you could be analysing your own GIS maps this time tomorrow
Imagine what would be like to analyse your GIS maps on your own computer. With Spatial Analysis under YOUR control, you could take the time to EXPERIMENT with different GIS map combinations and spatial analysis techniques.
My name is Ian Allan. I am a Masters graduate from Monash University in Melbourne Australia. While doing my post-graduate research, I co-authored the University’s first two GIS courses and taught both Grid Cell and Vector GIS to both Undergraduate and Graduate students.
Over the last 24 years I have authored and co-authored fifteen peer reviewed publications. I have worked professionally as a GIS researcher, taught GIS to thousands of students, and worked as a GIS consultant on projects as diverse as the following…
- United Nations: Post tsunami strategic planning in Banda Ache
- Australian Federal Government: National Broadband strategic assessment.
- Victoria’s Department of Premier and Cabinet: Housing affordability modelling.
- Local Government: Environmental sustainability modelling for planners,
- Water industry: Buried water pipe condition modelling and ease-of-digging modelling
GIS for Beginners #3: Spatial analysis using QGIS will…
- Give you the confidence to relate GIS maps to each other and answer geographical questions. Discover geographical relationships that you never thought existed.
- Establish new habits for how you look at spatial information. You will realize that Maps are more than just maps - they’re spatial databases
For the past 24 years I have been a GIS researcher teacher and consultant. Over 4600 students have enrolled in my GIS Udemy courses alone. Here’s what some of them have had to say about my teaching style…
It was very thorough and comprehensive… Ian also covered aspects of GIS Analysis - which increases your learning and appreciation of the capabilities of how powerful the GIS tool can be. – Brian L
"Ian is vast and knowledgeable in what he teaches. I would do another course by Ian if he offered it" - Umar Y
"A very informative course. It helps me review the GIS experience I haven't used in a while and brush up on my skills. Thanks Ian." - Jayram S
"Really great introductory-level course! The examples were simple to follow, but also very useful. All the work can be finished while watching the videos, there was no extra work to be done without guidance. I really look forward to the next course by this instructor. - Cheers and well done!" - Nathan L.
"Very good background, easy to follow and helpful for a foundation of GIS." - Amelia K
"Simple and very clear lectures with the minimum basics/backgrounds to get a taste of what awaits us further and also making us think of what we can do more." -Boojhawon R
Here’s what you get…
- 40 minutes of training videos. In the videos I’ll show you…
- How to create a GIS buffer.
- How to compare two GIS maps (using all 14 possible geographical variations).
- How to perform a simple database query
- How to create geographical subsets and then query them.
- The secret to combining database query with geographical query and why it so important.
- The course workbooks. 21 pages of screen captures an explanatory text to compliment the videos
- A zip file of datasets used. Extract these and follow-along with me in the videos
- You get to eavesdrop as I work, and gain insight into relating GIS maps to each other that would otherwise likely overlook or possibly never grasp.
Try it risk free. If within 30 days you’re not satisfied with the course for any reason return it for 100% refund and keep the dataset and the workbook.
Be sure to click on the "Take This Course" button on the top right corner.
All the courses in the GIS for Beginners series had been developed by me over the last 24 years. All the Techniques and concepts I teach have been proven in the research and consulting environments during that time.
Buying this course is not a risk with my 30 day 100% money back guarantee.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. The course does not use ARC. Does this matter?
A. No, it doesn’t matter. I teach you the basics of GIS in a way that’s applicable to ALL GISs, even Arc.
Q. I have no experience with GIS. Does that matter?
A. Although no previous Geographical Information Systems knowledge needed, ideally you will be able to do some simple tasks in QGIS. Tasks such as Opening a Map, zooming, panning, etc.
Q. I am worried that this course will be like many other technical courses - abstract and hard to follow.
A. I have based all the exercises on the type of practical every-day GIS problems that I encounter day-to-day in my GIS consultancy. Download the dataset and follow-along with the videos.
Q. What Work Materials are there to support the teachings?
A. A 21 page Text with screen captures and explanations to compliment the videos, and a zip file containing the same datasets that I use in the videos.
Q. Do I need to purchase software to do this course?
A. No, there is no need to purchase software. We’ll use the FREE Quantum GIS
Q. I want to buy this course today, but I don’t have time to do the course right now. How long do I have access to the course for?
A. You have Unlimited Lifetime Access to the course (including future upgrades)
Q. What if I decide this course is not for me.
A. I offer an unconditional, no-questions-asked full 30-day money-back guarantee!
Q. If I have a problem, can I ask questions?
A. Yes. I welcome questions because they help me improve the course. It’s best to use the course Q&A area for this.