Upgrading oracle database from 11g to 12c in standalone configuration is easy and sometimes straight forward. The complexity increases when you have standalone 11g database configured with oracle data guard. This complexity even increases further when you have same 11g standalone database with data guard and ASM configured.
Master Oracle 11g to 12c Database Upgrade with ASM in Data Guard configuration (Physical Standby)
- Install and configure oracle 11g on virtual box along with grid and ASM
- Setup physical standby from primary server to standby server
- Talk about different types of upgrade methods inside Oracle database
- Upgrade GRID + ASM from 11g to 12c on primary and standby
- Upgrade Oracle from 11g to 12c on primary and standby
- Maintain databases in sync even after upgrade is finished
Experience the GRID + ASM + Database upgrade from 11g to 12c in Data Guard configuration on VirtualBox
This course is designed to help you learn oracle 11g to 12c upgrade in data guard configuration along with ASM and GRID home. You first stat with environment setup, prepare your Virtual machines, configure data guard, setup physical standby and perform the upgrade. All the activities and videos are executed on Virtual Box setup.
This course is designed for DBAs who are good at database administration but struggle to understand how to perform Oracle database upgrade in data guard configuration with ASM and GRID Home.
Enroll into the course and start learning how to upgrade oracle database with physical standby configured on top of ASM!