Join my community of over 6,700 students learning my courses!
What is conditional formatting and why is it useful for you?
Conditional formatting allows the user to format a group of cells based on one or multiple criteria. This means that you do not have to format the cells manually and you can let Excel do all the work for you! Also, if there is change in the data Excel will automatically change the formatting, if the cell will now meet a different criteria.
Most frequently I use conditional formatting to allow me visualize the data, meaning that I can start analyzing the data before even looking at the values themselves. This means that you can increase your productivity working with Excel to a high degree using conditional formatting.
You can preview the introduction lectures in order to see some of the applications of conditional formatting in order to get a better understanding how it can be used.
About this course:
In this course I show everything step-by-step, meaning that I will be showing each single button that I press. By doing this I want to make sure that you memorize all the steps and can apply conditional formatting in your own Excel spreadsheets.
This course is designed for a beginner/intermediate level. You need to have Excel fundamentals, meaning that you will have to know how to open an Excel file, save it and other similar fundamentals. However, you do not need to have an advanced knowledge of Excel. The most advanced part of this course is when I will be teaching you to use formulas to make a condition. However, I will explain each formula in depth, meaning that you do not have to worry that you will not understand it.
However, if you are an advanced Excel user, you might still want to go through the course in order to refresh your knowledge and possibly learn a couple of new tips.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Become more productive with Excel and save time
- Enhance the data analysis capabilities with conditional formatting
- Learn how to use conditional formatting
- Perform multiple conditional formatting rules to the same group of cells
- Use conditional formatting to highlight group of cells
- Use conditional formatting top and bottom rules
- Use conditional formatting icons to highlight cells
- Use conditional formatting based on text rather than simply numbers
- Learn how to use formulas in conditional formatting
- Create various custom rules using formulas
- Edit existing conditional formatting rules
- Impress your manager, colleagues and clients
Other benefits from taking this course:
- You will get lifetime access to this course
- This course is frequently reviewed and you will get access to the new lectures for free
- Unconditional Udemy 30 day money-back guarantee - that's my personal promise of your success!
- My help is available to you, if you get stuck or have a question
- I will provide you discounted coupon codes for my other Excel courses
Click the “Take this course" button at top right corner. Without the knowledge of conditional formatting you are missing awesome opportunities.