Unreal Engine has incredible capabilities in terms of designing a scene, but many are lost as to how to actually create a scene from scratch. Blender is a fantastic program that allows for exactly that. With Blender you can create high-quality 3D models for use in any game engine, including Unreal.
Working with an intuitive and developed software like Blender offers many benefits, including:
- 3D modeling, allowing for the efficient creation of video game assets.
- UV Mapping, an essential skill for properly texturing your models.
- A developed material system, whether you're simply trying to add a material or a high-quality render.
- Simple file management and exporting.
This course teaches you the process of modeling objects, texturing those objects in Substance Painter 2, and working with those objects in Unreal. The challenges provided throughout the course will ensure practical learning; the best way to learn is to learn by doing. Each video focuses on a specific topic and how to attack that particular topic, so you'll never get confused.
This course was designed with a particular breakdown throughout each section:
- Discuss what model will be created.
- Model the object.
- Challenge the student to model that particular model after instruction.
- Retopologize high-poly models for optimal performance in Unreal Engine.
- UV Map the model for accurate texturing.
- Texture the model in Substance Painter 2.
- Import the model into Unreal Engine and apply its textures.
Josh Gambrell is an experienced Blender and game engine user, with over four years of experience. He has been teaching on Udemy for over a year and teaches over 15,000 students in the field of 3D modeling and level design. Whether your new to Blender or an experienced user, this course will offer benefits in all areas relating to scene creation from scratch.