3D Printing and 3D Design Using Autodesk Meshmixer
The best (and free!) design tool for 3D design and 3D printing...explained concisely to unleash your creativity.
Autodesk Meshmixer is a very unusual (and useful!) tool: if you want to work with 3D scan data, play around with digital clay, or work with 3D models for 3D printing, Meshmixer is for you. Meshmixer itself is freely downloadable, and is used by professionals and hobbyists across the world for lots of different projects.
Some notables about this class:
- No experience in 3D design or 3D modeling needed, we'll guide you all the way!
- Over 17 hours of training!
- Over half of the class is short videos that describe each and every function of the program (like a video index)
- The balance of the class is centered around "activities"...5-7 videos that build upon each other to do a specific task
- If you work with 3D scans professionally (dentists, sculptors, reverse engineers) then Meshmixer will be VERY useful to you (the author owns a pair of Artec 3D scanners, and uses Meshmixer daily to clean up those 3D scans)
- Creating 3D scans does not need to cost money! You can learn in this class how/where to create free 3D models, based on real-world objects, and then how to use Meshmixer to edit and remix those models
- Meshmixer can repair truly "messed up" 3D models for 3D printing....in fact there is an entire section inside of Meshmixer dedicated to creating editable support structures for 3D printing (which we cover extensively)
This course was created out of a Kickstarter that was in the top 10% of all Kickstarters in 2015. Since then, the course has been updated as Meshmixer has been updated, so you are getting the latest information!
We look forward to providing you a useful and complete class, and are very active in responding to questions you may have...join us!