ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
The course is taught by Brett Romero, who has spent over 15 years as a software engineer. Starting with desktop application development, moving into web and device development then developing his own packaged web apps and finally into mobile development, Brett has a wide range of software skills and experience and has built multiple businesses off of these skills.
Brett is the author of Responsive Web Design Overview: For Beginners and writes regularly at Bitesize Business School.
Figuring Out How To Make Your Website Into A Responsive Web Design Can Be A Challenge
Should you create a new website? Should you try to retro-fit your existing website?
Turning over rocks in far flung corners of the Internet yields very little.
Sure, you can try a pluginâ€¦but then one day while browsing your website from your mobile device, you find a page that is completely mangled. You dig a little more and discover a number of your pages arenâ€™t displaying well on mobile devices.
Thereâ€™s only so much a plugin or theme can do.
If you want full control with predictable results over your responsive web design, Practical Responsive Web Design is for you.
Whatâ€™s Included In The Course?
Weâ€™ll start off with principles. Building a solid foundation early will provide for a more engaging experience when it comes time to jump into some code.
- Youâ€™ll learn whoâ€™s credited coining the term responsive design and the three important components he says are at the heart of responsive web design.
- Youâ€™ll learn killer CSS debugging tips that you can use anywhere â€“ these tips alone are worth the cost of the course.
- Youâ€™ll be able to follow along, getting hands-on experience that will ingrain responsive web design into your mind â€“ itâ€™s no secret that learning by doing is the best way.
- Youâ€™ll see an example of how to transform a more complex, real world website into responsive web design.
Youâ€™ll see how to apply responsive web design to the following types of websites.
- New website built from scratch.
- WordPress site.
- Retro fit an existing website
But Iâ€™m Not A Web Design Guru
You donâ€™t need to be an HTML or CSS guru to implement a responsive web design. A basic understanding of CSS and HTML along with practice is all you need.
By keeping the language simple and understandable, â€˜Practical Responsive Web Designâ€™ walks you through, step by step, how to build a new responsive web design or fit it onto your existing website.
If you know nothing about responsive web design, the first lessons start off with fundamentals and principles, which build a solid foundation.
With a solid foundation in place, weâ€™ll move into some code. But donâ€™t worry, the course keeps a nice pace, allowing you to comprehend everything being discuss.
Hands-on projects help wire concepts into your brain and build your practical experience up.
Youâ€™ll Also Get These Great Bonuses
- How to debug from your iPhone â€“ a rare power tool that will get you out of many jams.
- One consult coupon (A $97 Value). After purchasing and going through the course, send me any area on your website that youâ€™re unsure how to handle. Iâ€™ll send you a detailed video solution. Note that this bonus does require you allow me to add the video as a case study to â€˜Practical Responsive Web Designâ€™.