Learn how to build PHP webapps following Best Practices with the robust Symfony framework
Symfony is a PHP framework design to build modular, robust and scalable web applications. In this course, we'll cover the basics of the Symfony framework with the usual Learn by Doing approach found in all other ZENVA courses.
By the end of this course, you'll be able to create basic web applications such as the sample workout log demo we make from scratch through out the course.
In particular, we'll cover the following topics:
- What is Symfony and what are the benefits of using it in your webapps (Symfony version 2.3)
- Installation and new project creation.
- Controllers. How to send back HTML or JSON to the user.
- Routing URLs to specific actions.
- View and the Twig templating language.
- Intro to Doctrine ORM.
- Creating a simple CRUD webapp.
- Including external assets in your projects.