ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
The course is taught by Brett Romero, who has spent over 15 years as a software engineer. Starting with desktop application development, moving into web and device development then developing his own packaged web apps and finally into mobile development, Brett has a wide range of software skills and experience and has built multiple businesses off of these skills.
Brett is the author of Responsive Web Design Overview: For Beginners and writes regularly at Bitesize Business School.
Figuring Out How To Make Your Website Into A Responsive Web Design Can Be A Challenge
Should you create a new website? Should you try to retro-fit your existing website?
Turning over rocks in far flung corners of the Internet yields very little.
Sure, you can try a plugin…but then one day while browsing your website from your mobile device, you find a page that is completely mangled. You dig a little more and discover a number of your pages aren’t displaying well on mobile devices.
There’s only so much a plugin or theme can do.
If you want full control with predictable results over your responsive web design, Practical Responsive Web Design is for you.
What’s Included In The Course?
This is an introductory course to the full length version of Practical Responsive Web Design.
We’ll start off with principles. Building a solid foundation early will provide for a more engaging experience when it comes time to jump into some code.
- You’ll learn who’s credited coining the term responsive design and the three important components he says are at the heart of responsive web design.
- You’ll learn killer CSS debugging tips that you can use anywhere – these tips alone are worth the cost of the course.
- You’ll be able to follow along, getting hands-on experience that will ingrain responsive web design into your mind – it’s no secret that learning by doing is the best way.
- You’ll see an example of how to transform a more complex, real world website into responsive web design.
You’ll see how to apply responsive web design to the following types of websites.
- New website built from scratch.
- WordPress site.
- Retro fit an existing website
But I’m Not A Web Design Guru
You don’t need to be an HTML or CSS guru to implement a responsive web design. A basic understanding of CSS and HTML along with practice is all you need.
By keeping the language simple and understandable, ‘Practical Responsive Web Design’ walks you through, step by step, how to build a new responsive web design or fit it onto your existing website.
If you know nothing about responsive web design, the first lessons start off with fundamentals and principles, which build a solid foundation.
With a solid foundation in place, we’ll move into some code. But don’t worry, the course keeps a nice pace, allowing you to comprehend everything being discuss.
Hands-on projects help wire concepts into your brain and build your practical experience up.
You’ll Also Get These Great Bonuses
- How to debug from your iPhone – a rare power tool that will get you out of many jams.
- One consult coupon (A $97 Value). After purchasing and going through the course, send me any area on your website that you’re unsure how to handle. I’ll send you a detailed video solution. Note that this bonus does require you allow me to add the video as a case study to ‘Practical Responsive Web Design’.