So youâ€™ve decided to make the jump into web development! Great decision! But where do you start?
In this course weâ€™re going to be looking at how to get you started as a developer. Weâ€™ll get you set up with your environment. Weâ€™ll explore Sublime Text 3 as an editing tool, and weâ€™ll also take a look at command line, which is a tool weâ€™ll be using a lot as developers. Finally, weâ€™ll also take a look at Git which is version control for our projects - essentially a way to make sure changes are being logged and we have good backup systems for our actual work.
- 15 videos with over an hour of lectures and explanations.
- 10 external resource files.
- 1 practice exercise to help you master Git workflows.
What You'll Learn:
Command Line - the primary way you'll interact with your project files and development environment.
Source Code Control - Git is a popular version / source control and code management system that will allow you to keep track of changes to the code you write.
- Introduction to Source Control (Git).
- Learn what Github is and how to use it.
- Creating your first repository.
- Pushing your files to Github.
- Cloning a repository.
- Updating files.
- Organizing your files.
- Additional Git resources.
Chrome Developer Tools - web authoring and debugging tools built into Google's Chrome web browser.
Sublime Text - the application you'll use to write code.