Finally, we’ll discuss Sockets. Sockets are a way for us to open a constant connection between the server and the client. Normally when you make a request, the request goes up and then comes down with the data. With a socket, that request goes up and stays open, allowing the server to send data whenever it wants and the client to send data whenever it wants.
So, we can make real time applications using sockets and we’ll take a look at how to implement a very simple system using socket IO.
- 16 videos with over 50 minutes of lectures and explanations.
- 6 external resource files.
- 1 exercise to help you master advanced backend web development concepts.
What You'll Learn:
- Introduction to Grunt
- Setting up Grunt with css-min
- Uglify JS files
- Setting up custom tasks
- Watching files
- Basics of CoffeeScript
- If Statements
- Comments, Strings, and Interpolation
- Introduction to Sockets
- Scaffolding the project
- Setting up Sockets
- Communicating between connections
- Additional Resources
- And More!