Netbeans is one of the most powerful development environments available for programmers today!
However, most programmers never get around to learning all of the extremely powerful features that Netbeans provides. It's like using the most advanced smartphone for nothing more than making phone calls.
Look at it this way: An average programmer will work for 40 years in his or her life. Assuming 4 weeks of vacation a year, that's 9600 days programming. If you can take advantage of Netbeans to become 20% more efficient in your coding, you will save 1920 days or 5 years of your life! Of course, your mileage may vary... ;-> However...
I promise you that taking a few hours to go through this course today will pay for itself many, many times over in your career as a programmer!
Join me in our journey as we unlock the powerful features of Netbeans and learn how to refactor code, have Netbeans auto-generate code for us, use the powerful debugging functionality, create our own code shortcuts and many, many other of Netbean's powerful features.
In this course, we will learn how to:
- Customize file templates so that your classes are created exactly as you want them to be. This saves you a lot of time.
- Use and customize your own code shortforms to save you huge amount of typing and reduce spelling mistakes dramatically.
- Using project groups to keep your code organized and manageable.
- Importing and exporting projects.
- Learning to refactor code! This is a huge advantage. The ability to change code without breaking other code eliminates mistakes!
- Master the debugger. Likely the most important thing you can learn as a programmer. The debugger should be your best friend, not just for finding bugs but for quickly understanding other people's code.
- An introduction to developing your own coding style and how Netbeans can help you to keep your code the way you want it. In my experience, programmers who have a good, easily understandable coding style make more money than those that don't.
- Building JavaDocs to comment your code and create your documentation at the same time!
- Using custom action items to keep organized.
- Automatically generate getters/setters and constructors for your classes. This will save you hundreds of thousands of keystrokes in your career!
Also, as your guide, I look forward to hearing from you! Just send my any questions that you have or ideas for new modules to this course and I will do my best to help you!
Let's get started!!!