WordPress is famous for its “5 minute” install; but that claim ultimately depends on where your website is hosted.
Some website hosting plans take care of the preliminary tasks for you – like installing PHP and setting up the MySQL database – but many do not.
Installing WordPress from Scratch assumes nothing. This course walks you through every step necessary to install WordPress no matter where your new WordPress website is hosted.
Author and new media expert Deltina Hay walks you through the ten steps necessary to install WordPress properly and securely – allowing you to skip the steps that do not apply to your install:
- Check that your hosting service meets the proper requirements
- Install PHP and MySQL
- Install PHPMyAdmin (optional)
- Create the database and database admin required for WordPress
- Download and unzip the WordPress software from WordPress.org
- Populate the WordPress configuration file with your information
- Establish FTP access to your website server
- Upload the WordPress files to your server
- Access the WordPress installation file from your browser
- Work out any issues and enjoy!
This course is a prequel to Deltina's comprehensive WordPress Fundamentals course to be released soon. Be on the lookout for coupon codes!