In the age of DevOps, developers and operations have been brought closer together, and Spring Boot Actuator provides a set of tools for monitoring and managing Spring Boot applications as they run in production. As a developer, Actuator helps people in operations monitor your applications. As the industry continues to move towards microservices deployed in containers, automated monitoring becomes more and more important, and Spring Boot Actuator provides a health end point, lets you add information from your Git checkin or Jenkins CI build, and much more. This course will give you a full extent of how useful to continued production this set of tools really is.
- Access 47 lectures & 2.5 hours of content 24/7
- Learn about the available Spring Boot Actuator endpoints & how to write your own custom endpoints
- Use Spring MVC to expose endpoints via HTTP
- Discover the out of the box health checks provided by Spring Boot Actuator
- Write your own custom health check
- Understand how to show Git commit information & build information on the Information endpoint
- Learn how to see system health metrics & add metrics to see your application activity
- Change log levels at runtime to aid troubleshooting
John Thompson has been in the IT industry for over 20 years. Today, he specializes mainly in Java, the most successful and widely known programming language, but he also specializes in the Spring Framework, which is the most popular open source application framework for building enterprise class applications on the Java platform.
Some of the organizations John has worked with include Visa, Kohls, Federal Home Loan Bank, and Belk Department Stores. Through his courses, John hopes to leverage his years of experience to accelerate your learning of the Spring Framework. Details & Requirements
- Length of time users can access this course: lifetime
- Access options: web streaming, mobile streaming
- Certification of completion not included
- Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase
- Experience level required: intermediate