Creating a fantastic look and feel for your Joomla site is pretty important. You can buy templates, or even download and use free ones. However, if you really want a unique look, you need to create your own template.In the first part of the class, we'll introduce you to the project and show the tools you'll need for template design.
- Introducing the Joomla 2.5 Template Course
- Resources You'll Need (Windows)
- Resources You'll Need (Mac)
- Getting Organized
- The 960 Grid
In the second part of the class, you'll prepare the Photoshop file:
- Slicing the Design File
- The Index File Part 1
- The Index File Part 2
In the third part of the class, you'll prepare your images and files for use in Joomla:
- The Main File - Index.php Part 1
- The Main File - Index.php Part 2
- The Main File - Index.php Part 3
- The Template XML File
- Packaging the Template for Distribution
In the fourth part of the class, you'll design each different area of your template from the header to the footer:
- The Header Module
- Designing the Menus
- Page Detection and Modules
- Introducing Firebug
- Editing with Firebug
- Other Development Tools
- Creating Module Class Suffixes
- Creating the Footer
In the fifth part of the class, youi'll learn how to add advanced features to your template:
- Collapsable Module Positions Part 1
- Collapsable Module Positions Part 2
- Template Parameters Part 1
- Template Parameters Part 2
In the final part of the class, we'll cover other useful tips including how to covert an HTML design to Joomla.
- HTML to Joomla
- Introduction to Artisteer
- Introduction to Template Clubs
- Closing Thoughts
Vicki is the lead web designer & developer at VWeb Web Design. She specializes in Joomla, custom Joomla templates, search engine optimization, website statistics/analytics, marketing/traffic building strategies and education/training to help you learn to manage your own site.
Vicki holds a B.S. in Computer Science and has taught as an adjunct professor for years.
She is a mom, teacher, author, and horse trainer.
We're excited to have Vicki sharing her expertise with you!