Build 7 complete projects that teach you the new features in iOS 10
As well as 5 technique projects that reinforce your iOS 10 knowledge for building apps.
This course is written by the award winning Swift programmer, Paul Hudson, it is from his best selling book, "Practical iOS 10", made into a lecture style course, and these videos were made with his permission and support. Paul is the author of the Hacking With Swift series of tutorials, which is one of the most popular Swift coding sites online. Paul has received high praise from the creator of the Swift language, Chris Lattner, for his outstanding method of teaching, and series of Swift tutorials. And working together with iOS developer Steve DeStefano, the Hacking with Swift series of programming training videos are simply the fastest way to learn how to code in the Apple eco-system.
Check out all of Paul Hudson's Swift tutorials and books at HackingWithSwift - from beginner to pro, Paul will teach you to write Swift code in very little time.
The term "Hacking With Swift" means we are "playing" with the Swift language, and using it in unique and interesting ways.
Whether it's iMessage apps, SiriKit integration, rich media user notifications, or speech transcription, iOS 10 has incredible new features that can help take your apps to the next level.
This course incorporates the use of annotations, callouts, diagrams, highlighting, and deep explanations that help make complex subject matter, much easier to grasp, and guide you along the path of the code, each step of the way. This course also makes the perfect reference tool kit, to be used in conjunction with the Apple docs, so that you can go back and scrub through any of the lectures very quickly to pull out relevant code or instruction that you need, as there's no wasted chatter here, it's strictly on point with Swift and iOS 10.
Please note: These are intermediate to advanced projects, and this course will not teach you the Swift language, or how to code, you should already have completed Paul Hudson's Swift tutorials at HackingWithSwift dot com, or gone through the Hacking With Swift beginner to pro course here on Udemy.
- Project 1: Create a Rich Media Photo Album using iOS 10's voice transcription and search functionality.
- Project 2: Build a Group Scheduling app that integrates with Messages.
- Project 3: Create a Ride-Sharing app that integrates with SiriKit for voice activation.
- Project 4: Build an iOS 10 Lock Screen Widget that helps language learners memorize new vocabulary.
- Project 5: Create a Daily Alarm Planner using the new UserNotifications framework.
- Project 6: Code your own Board Game that implements an "AI" opponent, using the new GKMonteCarloStrategist from GameplayKit.
- Project 7: Build a Tank War Game using SpriteKit's powerful new Node Tiling system.
- Featuring apps built by the award winning Swift programmer Paul Hudson
- Learn about the new iOS 10 animations
- Work with Swift 3's new measurement classes called Units
- Learn about the new and improved Core Data
- Work with the new Raw Photography classes
- See how to use the new image rendering API
- Learn about the new Warp Geometry classes, and build a simple app with them
- And More!