This course walks through all the core features and concepts of JIRA with real-world examples and has been catered for all users, managers and admins.Â Launched end ofÂ March 2017,Â it incorporates and uses some of the latest features releasedÂ forÂ JIRA Software on Cloud.
Plus bonus Confluence content added in July 2017 - learn how to use Confluence and how to take advantage of it in tandem with JIRA.
JIRA is a very comprehensive tool and one of the most popular agile project management tools out there.Â When used and configured correctly, it will help you work smarter, faster and more efficiently.
WHY TAKE THE COURSE:
- Contains the most amount of content (8+ hours) out of all dedicated JIRA courses on Udemy
- Learn theÂ most important characteristicsÂ of Scrum and Kanban agile methodologies
- Covers the mainÂ aspects of JIRA including working within an agile team, leading an agile team, and administering the main things that make up JIRA (If I missed anything that you want me to cover, let me know and I'll create a video for it)
- Real-world examples including
- How to manage your daily task-list via a daily scrum-based process
- Configure permissions and projects for internal team members, as well as external members (Eg: consultants, customers etc)
- JIRAÂ allows you to create stories and epics for agile projects - learn how to create anotherÂ issue type used in agileÂ called Spike and create custom screens, fields and workflows for this new issue type.
- Modify the default software developmentÂ workflow to include steps for QA
- HowÂ toÂ setÂ upÂ anÂ iceboxÂ (featuresÂ thatÂ aren'tÂ readyÂ toÂ goÂ intoÂ theÂ developmentÂ backlogÂ akaÂ "putÂ onÂ ice")Â in JIRA
- How toÂ build a completely new workflow to manage the approval of newÂ work or feature requests, before being movedÂ into the development backlog
- How to manage multiple teams working on the same projects via multiple agile boards catered to each team
- Never-ending support -Â I am only a message away from answering any questions you might have
STRUCTURE OFÂ THE COURSE:
- Agile Concepts - Goes into detail with Scrum and Kanban methodologies. By the end of the section, youâ€™ll have a full refresher on these methodologies as I made sure I hit the most important notes when it comes to how they work.
- Working within an agile team -Â Get yourÂ first look at navigating theÂ Jira user interface and learn how to create issues, work on issues through the agile boards, search for issues, create custom dashboards to see whats happening in Jira and other functions beneficial to any agile team member.
- Leading an agile team -Â Configuring and managing agile boards, creating and maintaining the backlog as well as starting and ending sprints and creating releases. All these steps stay true to the agile steps described in the prior section.
- Jira Administration -Â Goes over all the main administration sections and each part has an example that you can use to follow along with. By the end of this section, you will understand all the customizable aspects of Jira and be able to cater your own instanceÂ to fit your own specific needs.
- Real-world examples, scenarios and bonus contentÂ - This isÂ where IÂ show you how I use Jira to track and forecastÂ my personal day-to-day tasklist, while using a daily scrum-based process, among other examples.
Bottom line is thatÂ I wanted to make sure this course is aÂ comprehensive guide to Jira that anyone would need to either get introduced to Jira or get fully up to speed with the basic concepts and features. I feel the best way of learning something is by example. And so I put in over 8 hours of content explaining the features and concepts with examples and am continuously working on adding more examples and scenariosÂ to share my experience and knowledge in using Jira within the real world.Â
I'll beÂ here to help answer anyÂ questions you might have along the way.