- Prerequisites: Basic understanding of Java
- Taught by a Stanford-educated, ex-Googler, husband-wife team
- Please don't take this class if you have already signed up for our From 0 to 1: Design Patterns course (that includes a far longer and more in-depth version of this material)
This is a quick and handy course with exactly what you need to know (nothing more, nothing less!) about the MVC paradigm in Java.
Let’s parse that.
- The course is quick and handy: It explains the Model-View-Controller paradigm, the Command and Observer design patterns in just the right level of detail for you to put these to work today.
- The course has exactly what you need - nothing more, nothing less. It starts from zero, builds up the design, then gives plenty of real-world examples, but crisply and quickly.
- The course is also quirky. The examples are irreverent. Lots of little touches: repetition, zooming out so we remember the big picture, active learning with plenty of quizzes. There’s also a peppy soundtrack, and art - all shown by studies to improve cognition and recall.
- The MVC Paradigm
- Observer Design Pattern and event handling
- Command Design Pattern and action objects
Using discussion forums
Please use the discussion forums on this course to engage with other students and to help each other out. Unfortunately, much as we would like to, it is not possible for us at Loonycorn to respond to individual questions from students:-(
We're super small and self-funded with only 2 people developing technical video content. Our mission is to make high-quality courses available at super low prices.
The only way to keep our prices this low is to *NOT offer additional technical support over email or in-person*. The truth is, direct support is hugely expensive and just does not scale.
We understand that this is not ideal and that a lot of students might benefit from this additional support. Hiring resources for additional support would make our offering much more expensive, thus defeating our original purpose.
It is a hard trade-off.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!