This course is produced from theÂ "Hacking with macOS" series of tutorials, which are written and authored by the award winning Swift programmer,Â Paul Hudson,Â Â and these videos were made with his permissionÂ and support.Â You can always be guaranteed you're learning the latest andÂ greatest Apple technologies in the Hacking with Swift tutorials.Â Here youÂ learn smart, powerful, and expressive Swift 3, the way it was meant to be written.Â You learnÂ while you make real-world desktop apps, which means you get to apply your new skills immediately and see them work in context.Â Hacking with Swift is one of the most popular Swift tutorial series online,Â which uses an approach that teaches you Swift programming incredibly quickly, and you end up with a huge library of finished projectsÂ that are yours to develop further, or ship to the MacÂ App Store.Â PaulÂ has received high praise from the creator of the Swift language,Â Chris Lattner, for his outstanding method of teaching, and series of SwiftÂ tutorials.Â And working together with iOS developer Steve DeStefano, the Hacking with Swift series ofÂ programmingÂ training videos are simply the fastest way to learn how to code in the Apple eco-system.
Check out all ofÂ Paul Hudson's Swift tutorials and booksÂ at HackingWithSwift - from beginner to pro, Paul will teach youÂ to write Swift code in very little time.
- Want to learn how to build amazing desktop apps?Â
- Want to code your own custom buttons for the new MacBook Pro â€œTouch Barâ€?Â
- This course has all the step by stepÂ instruction you need to create awesome apps to submit to the Mac App Store. And the Mac App Store is also a great source of revenue as it only has a fraction of the number of apps that the iOS App Store has, and typically youÂ charge more for a Mac app.
- Building a Mac desktop appÂ uses the exact same Swift 3 language as iOS appsâ€¦there are differences of course from iOS, such asÂ the macOSÂ user interface uses windows instead of screens for an iPhone, butÂ if your coming from iOS, the transition isÂ seamless...an example is on iOS we use a UIImageView,Â andÂ on macOS we use an NSImageViewâ€¦simple right?.Â
- If yourÂ completelyÂ newÂ to coding, donâ€™t worry, we have you covered, as there is also a language section in the course that starts at the very beginning, and covers the complete Swift 3 language.
- The term "Hacking with macOS" means we are "playing" with the Swift language, and using it in unique and interesting ways.
- Desktop apps are fun to build, simply addÂ your own unique creativity, and follow along in the lectures, and before you know it,Â you've created a masterpiece.....how cool is it to have your veryÂ own creationÂ right on yourÂ prized MacBook Pro, and on thousands of other MacBook Pros?Â
- This course makesÂ use of annotations,Â callouts, diagrams,Â highlighting, and deep explanationsÂ that help makeÂ complex subject matter, much easier to grasp, and guidesÂ you along the path of the code, each step ofÂ the way.Â
- This course alsoÂ makes the perfect reference toolÂ kit, to be used in conjunction with the Apple docs, soÂ that you can go back and scrub through any of the lectures very quickly to pull out relevant code or instructionÂ that you need, as there's no wasted chatter here, it's strictly on point with Swift 3Â and macOS.
Some of the topics that will be covered:
- Featuring apps built by the award winning SwiftÂ programmerÂ -Â Paul Hudson - HackingWithSwift dotÂ com
- Build 18 projects - each one teaching a new aspectÂ of macOS
- We use Xcode 8Â -Â The latest version
- The Swift 3Â language - we go from variables to creating our own functions and more
- Learn Swift by use of annotations -Â diagrams -Â highlighting -Â callouts
- Touch Bar - code your own custom touch bar buttons and controls
- How to useÂ controls -Â Outlets and ActionsÂ
- Windows -Â Controllers - Table views
- Split view controllers - Toolbars
- Web views
- Using delegates and protocols
- Work withÂ the social framework - FB - Twitter etc.
- Learn how to refactor code
- The ins and outs of GCD
- SpriteKit and Games
- The new UserDefaults to persist data
- Adding audio -Â Animations
- Master strings in Swift 3
- Using stackView
- Grid views
- Learn the best debugging techniques
- AutoÂ layout easy and advanced - create constraints using VFL
- Learn how to work with JSON data in swift
- NSUndoManager - Add undo and redo to your apps
- Bindings - Which let you build apps with very little code
- And a ton more!
- All videos are recorded in HD for maximum resolution and clarity
Swift is the new language of the future, and with this course you will get plenty of instruction on how to implement itÂ in unique ways to create beautiful desktop apps.Â
This course assumes you have no programming experience, so its perfect for the beginner. Its also a nice fit for the intermediate and experienced coder as well.
If you think this might be too difficult for you, think again, and come code along with me in a step by step format....justÂ add a big portion ofÂ your own uniqueÂ creativity, and before you know it, you will have builtÂ manyÂ amazingÂ apps that you can submit to the MacÂ App Store, and place in the hands of thousands of people. See you inside the course.
Happy Coding :-)