Bugzilla is an extremely popular, browser based, full featured Bug Tracking and Testing tool. It is used in thousands of installations around the world - from small software shops to some of the world's largest and most popular software products including MOZILLA FIREFOX, Apache server, LINUX Kernel to just name a few.
Learn and Master Bugzilla to build a WORLD CLASS defect tracking system for your organization and team.
- Increase your team's productivity by controlling bugs super-effectively
- Reduce product downtime - manage each and every bug in the system
- Raise customer satisfaction - empower them with a world class Bug Tracking
- Improve communications - use Bugzilla as your most powerful Project Management tool
Bugzilla: The FREE Testing Tool used on the World's most used Software Products
Bugzilla is used by both Microsoft Tech based companies and Open Source companies alike - product companies or services or consulting firms - have benefited from the robust, scalable and no-frills Bugzilla.
Course Overview and Contents
- Start with a gentle introduction to Bugzilla and learn what it can do for you
- Learn how to create user accounts for yourself and your team
- Understand the PHILOSOPHY of Bugzilla - learning about the Anatomy of a Bug
- See and learn the life cycle of a bug in Bugzilla. Understand the major and minor workflows
- Learn how to report a bug like a world class testing professional
- Get a printable "Bug Writing Guidelines" - and share it with your entire team
- BONUS: Get PRO level Bugzilla Tips and Tricks - learn some advanced usages
Upon completing this course, you will be able to use Bugzilla as a powerful tool in quality assurance and project management for your organization. You will also be able to implement end-to-end defect tracking and management for your product or project alike. NOTE
- This course is not intended to teach the installation or server maintenance of Bugzilla - as that will be out of scope for this course. However, I have provided some basic level instructions if you want to install Bugzilla for your usage on a Windows Machine.
- A free publicly available and full featured Bugzilla test installation is available on the net - you can search for "Landfill: The Bugzilla Test Server". You can use this if you do not yet have access to a Bugzilla installation.