"This has been one of the best web courses ever. It should be used as a model by almost anyone thinking of teaching on the web. It has cleared out nearly a decade of web programming cobwebs. The fact you have made a course which is complete end-to-end is impressive. The fact that code examples all work puts nearly every programming book and most web courses to shame." Paul Wolfson, Principal Investigator, Dallas Legal Technology Taught by freelance developer and experienced online educator Dr. Richard Stibbard, this course takes you in easy steps through the entire process of building an up-to-date web interface which updates its database and HTML on the fly without the need for page refreshes, rather like the ‘Add to Favourites’ function on Youtube or Trivago.com’s hotel search. Along the way you will learn how to:
- structure a website using HTML5
- apply styling with cascading stylesheets (CSS)
- convert a static site to a dynamic one using PHP
- remove inefficient duplicate code
- use PHP functions to isolate variables
- use MySQLi and prepared statements for secure database queries
- manipulate page content immediately with jQuery
- update the database silently with AJAX
- upload the project to a web host and deal with important security considerations.
- PDF version of the course allows full-text search
The course is equally suitable for beginners or more advanced students. For beginners there are step-by-step instructions which take you through every step of the project until all the principles have been covered, and then hand over to assignments which allow you to put into practice what you have learned before you see the solutions. For learners already familiar with some aspects of web design and development who want to move onto specific points more quickly, incremental working files
and clear guidance are provided at every stage, allowing you to skip lessons you do not need and rejoin the course at any point without losing track of the necessary code. With studio quality audio, widescreen HD video, and incremental versions of the source code, this efficiently organized course teaches up-to-date coding techniques and gives comprehensive coverage of an important aspect of modern web development.
Like me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter, find me on Google+. See my professional profile on LinkedIn and find my special deals on other Udemy courses