What are MP4 and WMV?
Developed by Moving Picture Experts Group. MP4 is a shortened name for MPEG-4. And it is a method of defining compression of audio and visual (AV) digital data. Also, it’s the most commonly used to store digital video and digital audio streams, as well as other data such as subtitles and still images.
Developed by Microsoft. WMV is a shortened name for Windows Media Video, which is a derivative of the MPEG-4 format and aims to duplicate and improve its functionality for users of Microsoft software and hardware. WMV provide is a good way for saving video format with great quality.
Pros for both video formats
Better in video quality than WMV;
Supported by almost all OS, players & mobile devices;
Commonly used for sharing video files online;
Smaller in file size than MP4;
Well compatible with any Windows PC;
That’s Why We Need a Video Converter!
WMV is not compatible with Mac or iMovie can not import MP4 files for some reasons. FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate may be your needed one to help you convert videos between all popular video formats.
What Features Need to Own for a Video Converter?
- Convert the video formats for all videos’ formats’ you can get now from media websites.
- Convert videos to fit the latest players, devices, application and most media websites.
- Edit your videos professionally, including cropping, trimming, splitting, adding watermark, clipping and more you can image.
- Download Web videos from video-sharing sites like YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo and more.
- Rip and convert homemade DVD to video in MP4, WMV, AVI, FLV and any other formats.
- Merge different parts of videos or audios into one.
- Take snapshots of the highlights of a video.
What functions do you need now?! If one program can fit all of the features above, we even can call it almighty software! FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate is also one of the best of video converter I think after trying to use such programs.
Share your perspective
Share your achievement or new finding or bring a new tech idea to life. Your IT community is waiting!