Part.1 What Matters to Video Conversion Speed
The video conversion speed greatly depends on two aspects: one is the source video and its output settings, the other is your computer's performance.
Source video and its output settings:
1. Codec of source video: There will be a significant difference in speeds based on the codec used to encode the original video file.
2. Resolution and duration of source video: The high resolution and the long duration of source video will cause the poor conversion speed.
3. Video output codec: If you choose a complex codec for output video, it will take more time to convert than a simple codec.
4. Video/Audio output parameters: The parameters include target resolution, framerate, bitrate and others can affect the conversion speed.
1. The number of computer core: The core, also known as the kernel, is the most important part of the CPU. The more the core numbers are, the faster the conversion speed will be.
2. Hardware acceleration: If the converting software support hardware acceleration, the speed will be faster.
3. Graphics card: Another factor is the quality of graphics card. You can get the fast conversion speed with good graphics card.
4. Number of running process: The number of simultaneous tasks you are performing will directly make a big difference in conversion speed.5. Task priority: You can open "Task Manager" then go to "Details" to set the high priority.
Part 2. Some Examples for Conversion Speed
1. The resolution for video A do not change, but the resolution for video B changes to 1280×720. Because the high resolution will make the conversion speed slowly.
2. The output video encoding for video A is the same with input video, but the encoding for video B is Xvid. It will take some time to re-encode the video of B, so B is slower than A.
3. Likewise, video A needs to re-encode its audio while video B doesn't change. It results in the poor conversion speed of video A.
4. Video A changed its audio codec, and video B changed its video codec. You should know that the Video encoding is more time-consuming than audio encoding without the hardware acceleration. So here A done faster than B.
5. If you choose the high bitrate, the conversion time will longer than low bitrate.
Note: Some settings will make videos quality become lower. Please choose the proper settings according to your demand.
In general, the higher quality you required, the slower speed you will get. If you want to get the high quality video also with the fast conversion speed, you can change your computer's performance as we mentioned above.
Part 3. The Fast Video Converter – Video Converter Ultimate
Video Converter Ultimate, an easy-to-use but most powerful converter, supports hundreds of video and audio format for playback on iPhone, iPad, Samsung, PS3, PSP, Blackberry, Apple TV and more.
No professional knowledge is required. All you need to do is to add or drag your file to Video Converter Ultimate, and then select an output formats. This software will do the conversion for you automatically with fast speed and high output quality. In addition, click "Main Menu" and select "Preference" > go to "Convert" tab, then you can set the CPU core and choose enable the GPU acceleration here.
Now you know why it takes so long to convert your videos. You can try to change the video parameters to reduce the conversion time, for we can't change the computer hardware specs. When you meet the incompatible format next time, try to use the fastest Video Converter Ultimate to convert them.Any question, please feel free to tell us by writing them in the comments.