A lot of consumers nowadays no longer resort to traditional shopping when it comes to buying clothes, accessories and other materials. They will simply browse the internet and they can right away purchase items that they want via online shopping. If you happen to be one of those avid online shoppers then here are a few sought after tips that may come handy for you.
1. The best day to shop online is on Wednesdays because this is the day when online merchants give out the best deals and discounts on shopping items. You can try one of these such as target deals and free shipping. Aside from Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays can also be other days when retailers give out promos and sales.
2. You should not beat around the bush when asking for discounts. Ask retailers directly for discounts and promos because just like you, they treasure time and they would want to close a deal right away instead of playing around. Online transactions work that way so deal with it by being honest and direct when it comes to transactions.
3. If you are shopping at Amazon.com, always use the Amazon filler item finder in order to avail of the $35 minimum need for free shipping services in case you don’t have an Amazon Prime membership. Simply type in the amount needed to reach the minimum fee for free shipping service and the filler finder will right away come up with a list of items available for you. However, be wary that some of the items in the list may slightly be more expensive than the minimum amount. Just be alert enough to check on the prices before putting them on your shopping cart.
4. Take advantage of size filters in order to only see items that are available in your size. This is a great feature that can help you save time browsing only items that can fit your body or suitable to your taste.
5. Always go for websites that offer free shipping service or sites that can offer little extras for your purchase at their store. There are online merchants that are willing to give freebies as an add-on for purchase done at their stores. Make sure you watch out for this type of merchants so that you can get the most out of your money when purchasing online.
6. It is advisable to use a credit card instead of a debit card for online transactions. It is because refunds with credit card transactions are quicker compared to debit card refunds. It would be much better to play it safe when it comes to actual money.
7. If you are unsure regarding a certain item then just place it on your cart then leave the website without finishing the purchase. Chances are that the brand or merchant will try to reach out to you by giving you a special discount or a much better package with the said item just to convince you to complete your pending transaction with the said item. Just make sure that you are logged in during the process because it would be impossible for the merchant or brand to reach out to you if you are only logging in as a guest during the pending transaction.
8. Take advantage of aggregate shopping websites such as Polyvore and Shopstyle when searching for particular items along with specific sizes, colors and styles. In fact, these aggregate shopping websites can give you multiple sites selling the items that you are looking for in different prices. Having a variety of options is always an advantage when it comes to online shopping.
9. Tag items that you like as favorite most especially if you are still unsure or unable to purchase the item as of the moment. Once you tag them as favorite, you will be able to get an update if ever that particular item goes on sale.
10. Get a better deal by buying discounted gift cards or coupon codes to pay for items that are not on sale. There are websites out there who are affiliates of online merchants and brands who are selling gift cards and discount coupons. However, be aware that these gift cards and discount coupons can only be redeemed in merchants and brands that are connected to where you bought them. For example, Cardpool who is a popular discounted gift card seller is a partner of Amazon, Nordstrom and a slew of other merchants but aren’t connected to eBay. This means that gift cards and discount coupons sold by Cardpool can only be redeemed in the said partners but will not be recognized by non-partners such as eBay.
There are a lot more tips out there when it comes to online shopping but the ten mentioned above are the most basic and useful for online shoppers. The complexities of discount coupons and gift cards can be discussed in a different article. In the meantime, enjoy online shopping and always keep watch for the latest promos and discounts available online.
This blog is listed under E-Commerce Community