Hiking, tracking, backpacking or any outdoor activities you are planning this summer, don’t miss these must-have mobile applications to download:
All Trails – Hiking & Biking (Free of cost)
If you are an outdoor person then AllTrails app is your true calling. This outdoor app is mean for iPhone and all Android based devices. It not just shows you which way you are supposed to go, it records the time you have taken, elevation and the speed. You can even build custome maps on it and then download the same on your phone. These can be used in case you are out of data range.
- Huge collection of more than 50,000 trails across North America
- Ideal companion for hike and mountain bike ride.
- Verify trek length, its rating and the difficulty level.
- Also serves purpose of GPS tracker.
- Constructive way to connect with your people.
- Almost 5 million downloads.
- Pro version is available for $29.99 per year.
Map My Hike (Free of cost)
Plan your next adventure with Map My Hike. It is basically a fitness tracking application which makes use of the built-in GPS of your mobile device to keep track of the fitness activities. They have more than 70 million routes from which you can pick up whichever you like. You will know where you are going and can also see where you have already been. You can even enter different workout plans manually. It also permits you to import data from the 3rd party devices.
Fitness has actually become a way of life. With this fantastic app you can keep track of whatever you eat together with your workout routine. This will give you a complete picture of your overall health.
- Track workouts, running, walking and hiking activities
- Calorie Counter
- Gear Tracker
- Records workouts for more than 600 activities
- Synchronize data with Google Fit
- 5-10 million downloads
My Trails (Free of cost)
My Trails is all about trail maps whether it is cycling, running, trekking or walking. You can share your trail maps with whomsoever you want. They have a complete trail database where information is shared by the members.
You draw or upload trails in TCX, KML, GPX or FIT format. You can also keep list of your favorite trails. The interactive maps help you click as well as view distance and elevation in real time. What’s more you can share the trails via your email, Facebook, Twitter or Google+ account.
- Hiking, Cycling, Riding, Running and Skiing
- Hardware accelerated map drawing facilitates even display
- Free of cost online maps available
- Full Tablet Support
- Gesture support
- 5-10 million downloads
AlpineQuest GPS Hiking (Paid app)
AlpineQuest is your complete solution for virtually all outdoor activities as well as sports. This encompasses hiking, trailing, running, sailing, hunting, geocaching and off-road navigation. You cannot just access but even store locally a wide array of topographic maps, which will be available to you even when you are out of coverage area. By making use of the GPS and magnetic sensor of your phone this app makes getting lost virtually impossible. So wherever you are, your location can be traced to without any problem.
You can save as well as retrieve landmarks; you can even share them with anyone you desire. With this app you can without any problem explore whatever place you want.
- Online topographical maps available even when out of coverage area
- Sailing, trailing, geocaching available together with running and hiking
- Bolsters on-board file based maps
- 10-50k downloads
- Costs $8 approximately.
Komoot - Hike and Bike GPS Maps (Free of cost)
Komoot is developed to explore great outdoor activities at one dashboard. If you love cycling and mountain biking, this app is made for you only as it offers voice recommendations about road turns and distance you traveled.
- Maps available offline
- Turn-by-turn navigation system
- Track as well as share outdoor activities with your friends
- International offline topographic maps
- Available for Android Wear
- 1 to 5 million downloads
So these are few of the very popular mobile apps which are available for hiking and adventure enthusiast.
If you have an app idea or want to develop a clone of above listed Hiking apps, feel free to contact at Girnarsez.com for free quote.