If you are acquainted with the Magento predecessors aka Magento 1.x, then you are going to love the all new Magento 2.0!
As the upgraded Magento is out in the market, the alluring and convincing reasons to adapt it are vast. In fact, Magento 2.0 has quite literally been stripped down and rebuilt from scratch to be quicker, easier and safer than the predecessors.Initial findings do support the big claims!
- Compatible with more Popular Platforms: Magento 2.0 uses PHP 5.5 and Zend Framework for managing performances of cache engine, database access layer and translations. At the same time, it supports MSSQL and Oracle that is great for Windows Platform Server along with MySQL.
- Performance Enhancement: Previously, speed and performance were always a challenge which Magento had to confront. But everything has changed in Magento 2.0. In this latest version, speed will be 20% faster than the old versions. This is a dramatic change in the Magento performance.
- Component Oriented Architecture: Such modules as customer, catalog, checkout, sales, CMS and others will exist as components. If you don’t need them, you can always disable it and replace with your own; especially, you don’t have to hack the existing code base for that. Hence, site performance and flexibility will be enhanced incredibly.
- Better Directories Structure: There are significant changes in the structure of directory. New directory called pub is introduced. The aim of this change is to provide a better and a clear view structure for developer.
- Automated Testing: Magento 2.0 allows developer to setup automated test easily.
- Better Security: This latest Magento version supports some steps to deal with server validation. Thanks to this, your online site will get better security.