Point Of Sale (POS) software is required to handle the transactions which process the funds. POS software also provides an e-store which manages the inventory and has many more features. Till now, many retailers are spending huge amount of money on premium point of sale softwares. But, there are many advanced yet freemium POS software for small businesses having extraordinary features that deal with Mega Stores, Inventory Management, Employee Management, and so on. If you want to grow your business without spending much, choose one of the following free and open source POS software and see the difference.
Retailcloud is android, Linux and windows based Point Of Sale software. It is available in two versions: Enterprise POS and Zero POS. The Enterprise solution of retail cloud is available for $60/month. Retailcloud comes with SCM (Supply Chain Management) among third party tools and also has the information about recommended items for business growth. Zero POS has all the features that are needed to run a store at absolutely no price per month.
- Platform: It is a free cloud-based POS solution available on android devices, and it is inexpensive to use and can work well on a tablet.
- Unlimited Transactions: This software provides unlimited transaction facility which means you can run multiple transactions in a day, week, month and year.
- Unlimited Items: It is a cloud-based solution hence you can store as many items as you want in your database. All the information is secure in the database and you can get to know the information regarding even the tiniest of items in just a few clicks.
- Unlimited Support: If any problem arises during dealing with this perfect POS solution, there is unlimited support facility which means you can initiate a chat or find out the wiki database for any solution.
- Multiple Users: You can add as many users as you want to manage the activities within your system. Each user will have its own username and password and will work upon a specific portion of the system to handle specific activities.
- Mailchimp: Mailchimp allows you to send the creative, and elegant emails to customers.
- CRM (Customer Relationship Management): It fully manages the customer relationships. You can add and remove the customers and pull the merchants as well. It keeps track of the customers’ purchasing habits and helps you to find out their needs and preferences.
- Some other features of this Point Of Sale Software are: Signature Capture, EMV-Ready Payment Acceptance, Management of Exchanges & Refunds and so on.
2. Wanda POS
Wanda POS is free and open source POS software which is platform independent and dynamic in nature. It runs on Windows (Vista, 7, 8), Linux, and Mac OS etc. Download free pos software synchronizes the information of customers and products from POS to any ERP application like iDempiere.
- Own in-built database.
- Available in 15 languages.
- The most flexible free point of sale software and can be used from restaurants, to cafeterias, bars, and bookshops. In restaurants, it provides kitchen printing and table management facility.
- Sales screen is customizable having the high resolution from 800*600 P.
- Provides security to each user from admin to manager and even clerk. It also provides security to the guest.
- Hosted on cloud including the external terminal support and internal payment gateway.
- Generates high-quality reports on weekly basis.
ProffittCenter works as a cash register which runs discounts and takes money for small retailers like The Key Hut. It is the best option having all the functionalities for beginners to start with because of its amazing User Interface and simplicity. ProffittCenter is free windows point of sale software download.
- Windows compatible and solves all the problems related to the retail stores.
- Provides free customer care support so that if any problem arises while dealing with this POS, they can be promptly resolved.
- Works on every currency from Pound, Dollar, Rand and Euro.
- Keeps the solid backup of your database without spending a single penny.
- User-friendly Interface and stunning screen.
- Provides responsive support on weekly basis through email or phone.
Loyverse POS makes it easy for you to manage the inventory and visualize the sales analytics, retain, acquire and even manage your customers. With the help of this POS software, you can also get information regarding the yearly average spend. LovyVerse is 100% free pos software for small store, shop and salons.
- It fits right on your stores of any kind like Café, Bar, Bike Shop, Bakery, Discounter, and Computer Shop etc.
- Includes the free tools for managing retail businesses.
- Mobile registers are used for sending e-receipts to your customers from tablets and smartphones.
- Includes the sales analytics and produce the daily, weekly and monthly analytics reports for business growth, helps to visualize and make the informed decisions.
- Includes the two-way channel for communication to attract the customers. Customer communication is the best part of loyverse.
- Includes employee management scheme which defines the permissions and roles of your employees.
Managing a retail shop is not easy. Handling your sales, stock, accounting and shop should be simple and fast. Odoo is open source POS solution as it makes managing easier with fully integrated inventory and accounting modules. Download open source pos software for windows, Ubuntu and RPM.
- The easy interface allows you to serve multiple customers at the same time.
- Uses the barcode scanner for prices discounts and recognizes the customer loyalty card.
- Allows credit card payments and invoicing.
- Includes great features specifically designed for Restaurant Management, Order Processing, Table Selection, Multiple Printers Connection, Order Sending, Refund Handling, Warranty Tracking, Follows Customer Claims, Delivery Scheduling and even allows Customization for sales strategies and promotions.
Unicenta is redefining open source POS software for retailers of any size. Download open source point of sale software for bar, restaurant and shop. There isn’t anything wrong with the system. Let us check out some features.
- It supports multiple database option from the primary database to secondary database.
- Includes the stock maintenance facility and weight scale support for CAS-PDII and Mettler.
- Can add new pop-up customer within the sale and reprint the last receipt.
- Hardware Requirements: It is formatted to work on any hardware- from your personal computer to phone or tablet. For small businesses, uniCenta is one of the best choices because it is cheap.
- It has all the basic features like Inventory Management, Report Generation, Customer Relationship Management and Employee Management Services. So many features in a single, open source Point Of Sale software is very rare, even paid softwares do not exhibit such qualities.
- Easy to Use: This system is easy to use and there are many positive reviews regarding the ease of use of this POS software.
7. Floreant POS
Floreant POS is another one of the most popular and free open source point of sale software (POS) for bars, and restaurant businesses etc. Floreant POS has Touch screen-friendly Interface, Back Office Functionalities, Kitchen Printers and so on. It is supported in windows, mac, linux and java based tablet and PC. Download free point of sale software.
Cloud compatibility of this software makes it the best choice for retailers. It integrates the standard features of an industry with itself.
- Platform Independence: It can run on any platform and has been tested on Linux, Windows, and Mac.
- Distributed Network: Floreantpos has the client-server architecture powered by Java, Apache Derby/ Java DB, JavaPOS API etc.
- Cash Control: It accepts coupons, gift cards and also handles the payment in different combinations from cash to different type of cards.
- Kitchen Automation and Order Management: It can handle the restaurant menu in a more precise manner which simple retailer POS fail to do.
eHopper is free POS software application was created for the purpose of helping the small business owners to satisfy their business needs. The free version of this software provides all the basic functionalities to a small business. But there are some premium functionalities like it charges $35/month for phone support and $35 per month as credit card processing fee. eHopper provides their own hardware to purchase but the software can be used on your hardware without paying any rent.
- Inventory Management: It records the items which are in huge demand and maintains the stock availability. You can update as many products as needed.
- Contact Management: It keeps the record of the customers. The contacts are saved for future usage.
- It splits the payments and provides email supports.
- Employee Management: It records the details of employees and sets the target on timely basis.
This is a cloud-based Point Of Sale system which helps to track the inventory, save products and much more. VendHq is the perfect POS solution for retail stores of any business types from fashion boutiques to coffee shops, bike shops, sports and outdoors, health and beauty, home and lifestyle and so on.
- For adding products individually, you can do this manually by using the drag and drop feature. If you want to add the products in bulk, you can use CSV spreadsheets.
- Custom Receipts: It provides functionality to generate receipts. You can customize the receipt with logo and website name.
- Cash Management: It keeps track of cash movement from cash float to closure. It helps reduce the discrepancies, errors, and theft.
- User Account Management: It manages the staff accounts and imposes the restrictions over them for controlling the accidental flow of sensitive information.
- Payments: It accepts the debit and credit card payment. Apart from it, it splits the payments, issues the custom gift cards and supports the custom payment options like NFC payments or even mobile and contactless payments.
- Vend Reporting: It generates the performance reports, inventory reports, products and sales reports and end of the day reports. You can set the weekly, daily or monthly targets for your employees and can easily evaluate their performances. That is how, you can check the performance of the store, products, and your staff. The exporting option is the best tool for sending your reports to your accountant or any preferred spreadsheet tool for further in-depth analysis.
- 24/7 global support: It provides all time global support and services through email or live chat no matter where you are. It helps give professional services for setting the new POS and migrating from an old store.
10. The Key Hut
The Key Hut is a cash register for small businesses. It can run on you small PC, it is easy to use and totally free POS system. The Key Hut works well with the printer or any cash register and also accepts the bar code scanners. Some of its best features are: CRM, Employee Management, and Inventory Tracking Scheme.
- It converts your personal computer into a cash register using its Cash Register Tool.
- Encapsulates the ticket selling software, it’s one of the oldest, better and cheaper POS solution.
- Provides the custom support and you can add up to 26,000 different items in it.
- The Key Hut is being used globally across the world. It is used in camera stores, boutiques, networking, hardware salon, animal grooming agencies and so on. It can also be used for setting up your own classroom store.
Choosing the best POS is a tough job, but you just need to keep in mind that the software must be easy to use, reliable, and has good service support. After all, you would not like any hiccups during the transaction of money. Hence, before going with any particular POS software, go and take a test drive and find out yourself whether it is suits all your needs or not.