on 17 December 18
As per W3Techs.com, only 0.5% of the world’s websites use Angular JS. Though the number is pretty low, there is a reason to cherish for Angular JS web developers. Most of the high traffic websites in the world are powered by Angular JS. This is followed by ASP.NET Ajax, Bootstap, MooTools and jQuery but the margin is so huge that it’s dificult to predict any near future when any of these will overtake AngularJS.
5 Key Attributes That Make Angular JS a Great Front End Framework
- Form Validation – Inputs are accepted by application through from validation.
- Dependency Injection – Whether it’s developing, understanding or testing a website, dependency injection provided with Angular JS is there to make all easier and faster.
- Templating – Get access to a rich set of templates to create your websites.
- Routing – Switching between views has got a lot easier, thanks to MVC (Model View controller).
How To Make the Most of These Attributes in Angular JS Web Development
2. Modularize your Angular Code - Unless you have a very simple single-page application to work with, try to have multiple modules for different set of functions or features. It might take some extra time creating those, but in the long run, it’s quite helpful. Angular JS developers entrusted with the maintenance task can easily locate and fix a website error.
3. Avoid DOM manipulations – Manipulation of DOM, triggers events in an Angularjs application and leads to unnecessary consumption of device resources. However, when it’s inevitable, let manipulations take place inside a $scope.$apply(callback) function.
4. Keep Business Logic in Models – Placing business logic in models has its own set of advantages: (a) Logic sharing between controllers and other services becomes easier; (b) model testing gets simplified; and (c) Update and upgrade becomes faster besides many others. Controllers should assist in updating the model by directing the code in the right direction.
5. Validations in Angular JS – Form is a must have for any website. Incorporating Angular JS validation forms, developers can skip the complexity involved with writing ‘if, else if...’.. They can apply a set of properties in the form, thereby the website can collect as much information as possible from the user without getting him or her irritated.
6.Utilize the Angular JS unit testing – Make use of the community provided tools like Protractor and Karma to test your Angular JS code. It not just helps you save time but also to avoid bugs that might dodge the manual testing phenomenon.
7 Invest in Naming Conventions – A website development might be a one time task, but maintenance is an ongoing one. Hence, naming conventions must be adhered to by developers.
8. Define your components – Keep coding elements linked with model, controller and factory in different files. The organized structure is ideal for keeping a website performing at its best. Name your files like mywebsite.module.jst, mywebsite.controller.js, mywebsitefactory.jst and so on.
9. Scopes – Last but not least, in controllers, keep scope as write-only while in template, keep it as read-only. Avoid creating properties in the scope, rather choose the object.