Nowadays, when following an IT career, having a degree in computer science it’s not enough. Many employers expect from their employees to continuously build on their academic knowledge base through on-the-job learning, professional development
Many IT certification programs are tied to a specific company or vendor. Microsoft, for example, offers a host of professional IT certifications, many of them tied to specific Microsoft products. You can become a Microsoft Certified IT Professional as a database
Since these certifications are designed for busy professionals, they only require a few courses and final exams. Each course runs only 3 to 5 days (or the equivalent amount of hours) and can be taken in the classroom, via distance-learning (live video broadcasts), e-learning (self-paced online instruction), CD-ROMs and even books.
Earning a certification is a great way to refine your tech skills. Here are xx different certificates you can achieve:
Microsoft has 4 levels of certifications, MTA/MCSA / MCSE / MCSD, to align with industry-recognized areas of competence and provide flexibility to showcase your specific skills on Microsoft products and services.
1. Microsoft Azure
Is a cloud service offered as a service and hosted on Microsoft Data Centers. Is responsible for providing application hosting and non- relational storage. These applications should work on Windows Server 2008 R2. They can be developed in.NET, PHP, C ++, Ruby, Java.
a. MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate) Cloud Platform: This certification demonstrates your expertise in Azure / cloud-related technologies to reduce IT costs and deliver more value for the modern business.
b. MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) Cloud Platform and Infrastructure: This certification includes Azure. Earning MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure certification qualifies you for such jobs as cloud administrator, cloud architect, computer support specialist, and information security analyst. It validates that you have the skills needed to run a highly efficient and modern data center, with expertise in cloud technologies, identity management, systems management, virtualization, storage, and networking.
c. MCSD (Microsoft Certified Solution Developer): App Builder: This certification validates that you have the skills needed to build modern mobile and/or web applications and services.
2. Microsoft Dynamics
Is a line of enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM) software applications? Microsoft markets Dynamics applications through a network of reselling partners who provide specialized services.
a. MCSA Dynamics 365 certification provides the foundation for a position as a Dynamics 365 developer, implementation consultant, technical support engineer, or system administrator and is the first step on the path to becoming a Business Applications Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE).
3. Microsoft Exchange
a. MCSE in Productivity: You can validate your ability to move your company to the cloud, increase user productivity and flexibility, reduce data loss, and improve data security for your organization.
4. Microsoft Office
The Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS / MOS Expert) certifications help validate your proficiency in using specific Microsoft Office products—including:
5. Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
The MTA is an entry-level Microsoft certification that validates the fundamental knowledge that new entrants to IT need to start building a career in Microsoft technologies. MTA is appropriate for individuals who have an interest in starting a career in IT or wish to further their learning. MTA can be a good way to begin before going into MCSA, MCSE and MCSD certifications. Pass a single MTA designated exam and you'll earn MTA certification.
6. SQL Server
a. MCSA SQL Server: includes MCSA SQL Server 2012 / 2014, MCSA SQL 2016 Database Development, MCSA SQL Server 2016 Database Administration and MCSA SQL Server 2016 Business Intelligence Development.
b. MCSE Data Management & Analytics: Builds on any of the above MCSA SQL Server certifications and qualifies you for such jobs as a database analyst, database designer, and business intelligence analyst.
7. Microsoft System Center
a. MCSE: Mobility certification validates that you have the skills needed to manage devices in today’s bring-your-own-device (BYOD) enterprise. MCSE Mobility qualifies you for a career path, which can range from traditional desktop support technician to enterprise management of BYOD devices and apps.
8. Visual Studio
a. MCSA: This includes MCSA Web Applications and MCSA Universal Windows Platform, which are part of the Microsoft App Builder Track. Earning a MCSA App Builder certification is the first step on your path to becoming a Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD).
b. MCSD: The MCSD: App Builder certification validates that you have the skills needed to build modern mobile and/or web applications and services. Earning this certification qualifies you for a position as an application developer.
9. Windows 10
a. MCSA: The MCSA Windows 10 certification demonstrates expertise to configure, manage, and maintain a Windows 10 enterprise system. Earning a MCSA: Windows 10 certification qualifies you for a position as a computer support specialist. This credential is part of the Mobility track.
b. MCSE Mobility: MCSE: Mobility certification validates that you have the skills needed to manage devices in today’s bring-your-own-device (BYOD) enterprise. This certification qualifies you for a career path, which can range from traditional desktop support technician to enterprise management of BYOD devices and apps.
Certification by Adobe is recognized as an industry asset—an immediate way to communicate your knowledge and gain advanced skills. Becoming an Adobe Certified Expert gives you a clear and focused way to tell the world about your expertise and communicate your proficiency in leading products from Adobe. It gives you the entry-level skills to plan, design, build and maintain effective communications using different forms of digital media.
You can get a certificate on:
An AWS (Amazon Web Services) certification shows you have the skills and the knowledge to design, deploy, or manage applications on Amazon Web Services. If you're AWS-certified, it tells potential employers that you've what it takes to build and manage AWS solutions for them. Associate Level certifications include:
· AWS Solutions Architect
· AWS SysOps Administrator
· AWS Developer.
Cisco Certifications can begin directly with CCNA for network installation, operations, and troubleshooting or CCDA for network design. Think of the Associate Level as the foundation level of networking certification.
Cisco offers four certification levels starting with Entry and/or Associate (CCNA), followed by Professional (CCNP), then Expert (CCIE) which is the highest level of achievement. There are seven different paths or areas of focus for each credential:
· Routing and Switching: This path is for professionals who install and support Cisco technology-based networks in which LAN and WAN routers and switches reside.
· Design: This path is aimed at professionals who design Cisco technology-based networks in which LAN and WAN routers and switches reside. Network
· Security: This path is directed toward network professionals who design and implement Cisco Secure networks.
· Service Provider: This path is aimed at professionals working with infrastructure or access solutions in a Cisco end-to-end environment primarily within the telecommunications arena.
· Storage Networking: This path is for professionals who implement storage solutions over extended network infrastructure using multiple transport options.
· Voice: This path is directed toward network professionals who install and maintain Voice solutions over IP networks.
· Specialist: A variety of Specialist focused certifications are available to show knowledge in specific technologies, solutions, or job role. New certifications are added to this list regularly.
Citrix certifications are now solutions-based, reflecting the evolving needs of IT professionals and organizations. As a certified associate, professional or expert, you can prove that you have the real-world skills and experience required to deliver successful Citrix solutions. Programs include:
· Apps & Desktop: The Apps & Desktop certifications focus on the design, deployment, and management of XenDesktop 7 solutions. Comprehensive requirements provide a streamlined, efficient path for validating your skills.
· Networking: Networking certifications validate the knowledge and skills needed to leverage the full capabilities of Citrix NetScaler, including implementation for the app and desktop delivery, networking performance and optimization.
· Mobility The Mobility certification validates the skills required to design, deploy and manage a Citrix XenMobile Enterprise solution that includes mobile device management, mobile application management, and secure productivity.
The exam is designed to certify the competency of entry-level PC computer service professionals in installing, maintaining, customizing, and operating personal computers. You can get a certificate in many different areas including the following:
· IT Fundamentals: This certification focuses on essential IT skills and knowledge. It is ideal for those looking to start a career in IT or who work in an allied field that requires a broad understanding of IT, such as a sales role at an IT company. IT Fundamentals can be a stepping stone to more advanced certifications such as CompTIA A+, and, with specialized experience, CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Security+.
· A+: A+ certified technicians have a broad base of knowledge and competency in core hardware and operating system technologies in areas such as installation, preventative maintenance, networking, security, and troubleshooting. A+ certification confirms a technician's ability to perform tasks such as installation, configuration, diagnosing, preventive maintenance and basic networking.
· Network+: Validates the knowledge and skills of networking professionals—ability to describe the features and functions of networking components and to manage, maintain, troubleshoot, install, operate and configure basic network infrastructure.
· Server+: This intermediate level certification proves that IT workers know how to implement server-based hardware and software in a data center environment. Jobs that use CompTIA Server+ may include IT Solution Specialists, Software Developers, Systems Engineers and authorized service technician for servers.
· Security+: Validates knowledge of communication security, infrastructure security, cryptography, operational security, and general security concepts.
· CSA+: The CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst is an intermediate-level security certification that applies behavioral analytics to the IT security market to improve the overall state of IT security.
· CASP: CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) certification is vendor-neutral and proves competency in enterprise security; risk management; incident response; research and analysis; and integration of computing, communications, business disciplines and enterprise-level cyber security threats.
· Linux+: This certification offers a framework for acquiring working knowledge of Linux for IT professionals working as junior-level system administrators, as well as those working in Web and software development.
· Project+: Validates that project managers and team members have the classic project management skills to help them complete projects on time and within budget.
The Oracle Certified Expert (OCE) credentials recognize competency in specific, niche oriented technologies, architectures or domains. Credentials are independent of the traditional OCA, OCP, OCM hierarchy, but often build upon skills proven as an OCA or OCP.
You can also get SEO certificates, that also include training courses in places like:
· And much more…
Or you can focus on you IT programs and leave the SEO to the experts hiring companies like Rebel Corp – an Orlando SEO Marketing Consultant- offering services to the whole country and beyond including Miami SEO services and Minneapolis seo services.
These are one of the many certifications you can get online. The possibilities are endless, so depending on the field you want to specialize you can choose the certificates suitable to it and become an IT Pro! So what are you waiting for?